Author Topic: The Star Wars Combine: Anyone here play?  (Read 637 times)

Offline yubyub

The Star Wars Combine: Anyone here play?
http://www.swcombine.com/

I've wanted to join this for a while, but I don't have an email that they will accept.  They only except emails such as ISP, school, some work, and other paid e-mail addresses, and if you own a private domain you must use [email protected] or [email protected].  I live off campus (so no school email), in a little appartment thingy on my parent's land. (About a mile from my house.)  Originally, I lived in an appartment near my college, but money has been tight, and no one was renting this appartment, so I went there.  However, it runs on the same net connection as my house, meaning it has the same ISP email adress. :ick:

Now my parents are very strict, and notoriously anti-videogaming.  They are especially against multiplayer gaming that involves actually joining a community, or just forums in general.  The only exception to the rule is civilization, because my father loves that game.  You'd think they'd trust their college kid not to go meeting with people he meets online, but I digress.  This means using their email to join is out of the question.

Does anyone know if this community is willing to make exceptions to their no-free-email rule in instances like this?  Or would you advise me just not to bother with joining.

Any advice is welcomed!

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Re: The Star Wars Combine: Anyone here play?
At first glance the game looks neat. Don't know if it's worth the time not playing WoW, but it looks neat nonetheless and it can't be worse than SWG.

Sucks to be you though.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline yubyub

Re: The Star Wars Combine: Anyone here play?
I finally got into it!  I contacted my ISP and they opened me another email account for 2 days, free of charge! :yes: I love metrocast cablevision!

In other news, I've joined and are waiting to joins the Hapes Consortium