Author Topic: Problems with FRED_open and Inferno mix.  (Read 2386 times)

Offline mr.WHO

Problems with FRED_open and Inferno mix.
I'm bored waiting for R2 so I begun to do some R1 mission for fun, but I can't finish it because of this:

I'm using (CVS?) FRED optimised for P4   (FRED2_open_r-P420051209) but FRED crash after I but fer inferno ships in mission.

Could you give me a link to most Inf friendly FRED build ?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Problems with FRED_open and Inferno mix.
Well the CVS build I'm using here is fred2_open_r-Inf20051221.exe. I'm a bit out of date there.

I don't use standard builds so I can't help you there.

We don't test them with R1 stuff any more, so I couldn't say in your case. However, 20060124 seems to work nicely on mine.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I don't know if any of the staff even have R1 anymore. I have it on my desktop system in a dead fs open directory. I only use INF standalone now.

I am using INF R1 with FRED2 CVS 2006-01-30 - P4 Optimized (fred2_open_r-P420060130.exe), it is working really OK, at least it doesn't lead to a crash, I remember I even do a mission with 100 Ships (and I delete it accidentaly, good that it was really unfinished).

Are you sure the crash happens because of INF R1 ?, I mean, doesn't FRED2 crashes with the FSSCP files alone ?

Are you using the -fredhtl command line?. (and the R1 - SCP Patch ?)

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Shadow0000 There should be a backup file under the same name as your deleted mission. example ( *.bak )  All you need to do is change the file extision to *.fs2.  :)  I hope I said that right, anyway that should do the trick.
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Shadow0000 There should be a backup file under the same name as your deleted mission. example ( *.bak )  All you need to do is change the file extision to *.fs2.    I hope I said that right, anyway that should do the trick.

Thanks, I know about the *.BACKUP files, but I totally erase all the FS2 Folder, sometimes I add or change Media to the data\xxxxx, and start messing it with the original INF R1 files, so...when I don't really know what I have changed at all, I just delete everything and rewrite everything from a clean folder (It's like a cloned dir, I have 2 installations, it serves me for editing with FRED2 using different Mods)

Even if I complete it, it should need more features from the FSSCP to be completed, anyways, I should try to finish modeling and see if the how good it's the gameplay.....

I use the "regular" CVS FRED2 on a VP very similar to R1 (meaning its R1 with some stuff I added), and its only the new stuff that causes an occasional problem, nothing from R1.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"