Narn
Minbari
League of non-aligned worlds
Shadows
Vorlons
Drakh
Raiders
Interstella alliance

Author Topic: BHX - Who are you?  (Read 7921 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Wait, did I miss something? Has BHX been released? I checked the WIP thread, but found nothing.

NO, there is yet no release of BHX
This threat comes from the very heart of sector 14 - nobody here recognized the paradoxon yet and it would be nice if you don't tell everyone 'cause maybe the universe could start noticing...
and if that happens... well "I'm both satisfied and reasured that we have yet not explained everything" (G'Kar)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Wait, did I miss something? Has BHX been released? I checked the WIP thread, but found nothing.

We are looking at a summer release initially, then a second release will follow sometime after.  A war takes time to build up, it doesnt happen over night you know   ;7

I will be updating the BHX WIP thread at weekend with some juicy screenshots and a bit more info ;)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline Cavane

Sounds good.  I'm going to try ISA first, personally.  Whitestar + Victory =  :yes:

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
The ISA are quite devastating at the moment. Since their only capital ship is the Victory destroyer. Sounds like a bad thing. It's not, it means whenever you get a capital ship... it's a Victory destroyer. That's a good thing. Just about the only thing it has to worry about is a large Battlecrab or a group of smaller Battlecrabs.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Just about the only thing it has to worry about is a large Battlecrab or a group of smaller Battlecrabs.

What about the VPK :confused:? - That's my reason to be on the side of the Vorlons until the VDN is finished..
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
What about the VPK :confused:? - That's my reason to be on the side of the Vorlons until the VDN is finished..

Well they've only got one of those, so you won't be seeing VPKs everywhere. Plus, it's kinda big and unwieldy. I figure a group of Battlecrabs would eat it for breakfast. That will be put to the test but generally speaking the VPK will just make guest appearances and stick to doing what it does best.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
I figure a group of Battlecrabs would eat it for breakfast.

Not true! It took the combined firepower of four powerful First One ships to take that thing down.  I doubt a group of Battlecrabs would have such an easy time with a VPK.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The most they could hope to do is knock out the forward beam complex.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
The only weapon the VPK has  :D. At which point I guess the VPK will just have to run into stuff to cause damage.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Or scare them away with its size :lol:
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
The only weapon the VPK has  :D. At which point I guess the VPK will just have to run into stuff to cause damage.

Which, given its size, it could quite easily do to most vessels.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Note to self: new mission idea entitled "Supercap Sumo"

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Note to self: new mission idea entitled "Supercap Sumo"

With red and yellow striped nappies  :wtf: (wide load) and a huge bag of cosmic talc :eek:
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Fore more information on BHX and the races you can play visit the website  - http://www.bhx.stargame.co.uk/index.htm

On the site you will find information about BHX, downloads screenshots etc. ;)

Enjoy
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Posting the news in three threads. That should do the trick ;). In a vein attempt to keep this thread on-topic, at the moment I am mostly playing as the Shadows. Battlecrabs are impressive to look at and flying the Shadow scout is fun, fun, fun.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Gonna do some more testing tonight, has all the uploads in latest version been updated which are error free? as regards our pm this morning?

Going to let the Drakh give the Minbari a good kicking tonight if all is fine with the framework :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
error free?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 :) ;)

No... wait...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay I'm done now.

It's not error free yet. In fact the new build I'm using complains about errors that don't actually exist. Just ignore them. The other two major errors, campaign not being progressable (losses don't increase) and sexp node tree limit breaks I'm still working to fix. It's taking me a while. I'm working as fast as I can but with my job being a bit busier at the moment and a new daughter requiring attention BHX is getting a little pushed out. Have pateince though, I'll get there.

Offline Cavane

If there were any remaining doubts about the power of the Victory Class destroyers, this should take care of them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Cavane/Excalibur2.jpg

:jaw: <= Me when I saw it in action.

That settled it.  I'm definately playing as ISA first.

Offline Dipper

I figure a group of Battlecrabs would eat it for breakfast.

Not true! It took the combined firepower of four powerful First One ships to take that thing down.  I doubt a group of Battlecrabs would have such an easy time with a VPK.

Actually, the ships that attacked the VPK weren't THAT powerful considering that they were younger races than the Shadows. Which would suggest that their technology is inferior. I would be quite confident that battlecrabs would make mince meat out of VPK if there weren't too many ships defending it.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Okay the vote is closed. I couldn't have predicted the results. Took me by surprise.

The outright winner is obviously the Earth Alliance. I would have expected everyone to be bored of playing as the EA by now but apparently not. I guess there are some interesting possibilities though. Recreating the Earth Minbari War or for example. Taking second place we have the Minbari. Ok right out of left field that one. No idea what people are thinking there :).

Joint third we have the two most fun races in BHX, the Shadows and the Interstellar Alliance. Honestly start a war against anyone using those two races and you'll have a great time.

Fourth place we have the Narn. Obviously a few people wanting to use BHX as a Narn Centauri War campaign there. I'm guessing. The Narn have some great ships though and the Bintak dreadnaught is fearsome.

The poor showing for the Centauri doesn't surprise me much. I can't think of many fun possibilities for them when it comes to picking an opponent. I am surprised though by the lack of interest in the Vorlons, Drakh, and League of non-aligned worlds. The lack of interest in the Vorlons I'll put down to the continued absence of the Vorlon Dreadnaught. To be honest, without it you'll get your butt kicked anyway. The Drakh and League are both great fun to play though. The League's capital ships are very pretty to look at (for a few seconds before they get blown up) but the Sky Serpent fighter is absolutely lethal in numbers. They will do better in battle than most people will be thinking.

The Raiders? Okay well we only have one sado masochist in the 35 voters. I don't care how good a pilot you are mate, you're going to lose ;). I hope you're good at evasive maneuvers in a Zephyr.