Author Topic: Where are the tables?  (Read 1172 times)

Offline cASH

I downloaded a ship model thats needed for one of the mods im playing but it tells me to add some stuff to "ships.tbl" and "weapons.tbl" but i cant find it. I checked in the data/tables but theres nothing there.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
This should be in FS Modding. Anyway, you need VPVIEWER (www.descent-network.com or net, I forget), open up the root.vp (I believe), and extract the tables into the tables directory from there.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Actually it sounds as though in this situation, he should be going with modular tables if he's using fs2_open 3.6.7 or newer...

(If you aren't using fs2_open 3.6.7 or newer, disregard all this and skip to the bottom)

If it's just a few ship or weapon entries (a few pages of stuff, as opposed to 20 or so) then make two text files called, say, "Derelict-shp.tbm" and "Derelict-wep.tbm" (if it was the Derelict mod).

Place all the ship data in the -shp file, like so:
Code: [Select]
#Ship Classes
;;Data goes here
#End

Place all the weapon data in the -wep file, like so:
Code: [Select]
#Primary Weapons
;;Primary weapon data goes here
#End

#Secondary Weapons
;;Secondary weapon data goes here

Sorry, it was just a wonderful opportunity to pimp modular tables.  :pimp:
#End
-C

Offline cASH

This should be in FS Modding. Anyway, you need VPVIEWER (www.descent-network.com or net, I forget), open up the root.vp (I believe), and extract the tables into the tables directory from there.

I went to the site but the download links for the vpviewer arent workin  :( do you know any other links?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Worked for me. I went via  the tools page of my FAQ though.

You should probably extract the ships table for reference but WMCoolmon's method is the best way to go as it doesn't require any extraction.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]