Author Topic: Prometheus S too powerfull  (Read 4536 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

Prometheus S too powerfull
Someone noticed that the Prometheus S is better than Bashee? lol

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Prometheus S too powerfull
It's being fixed for v3.0.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Uh... I thought the Prometheus S was just fine. It's about the same as the original Prometheus, give or take a few damage points.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Nuclear1

Actually not.

Prometheus S
Code: [Select]
$Velocity: 750.0 ;; speed of the weapon (initially) -- may or may not change
$Fire Wait: 0.35 ;; in seconds
$Damage: 30
$Armor Factor: 0.9
$Shield Factor: 1.0
$Subsystem Factor: 0.35
$Lifetime: 2.0
$Energy Consumed: 1.0 ;; Energy used when fired

FS1 Prometheus
Code: [Select]
$Velocity:    450.0    ;; speed of the weapon (initially) -- may or may not change
$Fire Wait: 0.3 ;; in seconds
$Damage: 20
$Armor Factor: 1.3
$Shield Factor: 0.7
$Subsystem Factor: 0.35
$Lifetime: 2.0
$Energy Consumed: 0.40 ;; Energy used when fired

We've already corrected this for GTI Rebellion, and there is a very noticeable difference, especially in the firing rate.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Shuddup! :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
If I'm reading that correctly though, the FS2 Prometheus is more of a nerf then a boost.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nuclear1

Which would make sense, seeing as how the interruption of Argon from Earth might have caused slight issues with fully recreating the exact Prometheus cannon.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
PromS is much more effective than FS1 Prom

Nearly twice as fast..
Nearly twice the range..
Deals more damage (hull 27 vs. 26, shield 30 vs. 14, subsys 10.5 vs. 7).
Fires just a bit more seldomly (0.3 vs. 0.35)
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
And we want it changed back...why? :p

Offline Nuclear1

For the retro feeling... :p

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Like 1996 is retro? :p

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Why, because put simply, the whole idea behind the Freespace Port was to re-create "Descent: Freespace" the game (and to a lesser extent, "Silent Threat"), in the "Freespace 2" engine.  They have done some cosmetic upgrades, and some non-cosmetic upgrades... such as the Lucifer's beams, and the addition of the mission after you jump into Sol.  However, the main thing to preserve from the original is the gameplay.  Now, there are a few issues that can't reverted to the original, such as the "big dammage" flags on capital ships (so you can't Prom the Hades to death), but having a weapon with different dynamics than the original, unballances things to an extent that its not realy the same campaign.  I mean, if the PromS is better than the Prom-O, and someone says "why not stick with the PromS, since its a better weapon", I say (sarcasm engaged) "Why not give us the Kayser too, or the Maxim.  I know I'd have liked to mount a bank of Maxims when engaging the Lucifer in hyperspace, where sheilds are ziltch."  (Sarcasem dis-engaged).  If we change things so that something from later in the story, is available earlier, that's breaking cannon, and that's a no-no.  Granted, "ST:R" is a re-write of "ST", but I don't think it will be considered a cannon campaign... even if it is better.

That's my 1.6 cents US (2 cents Canadian) on the issue.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline ShivanSpS

yes, and in adition, remember that the HOL and GTI uses the Prom S too xDDD

In the last ST mision, to destroy the hades I found very imposible to make because the Lokis always kill all of my bombers, no matter what tactic than I use... so the only way in FS1 to kill the hades are to shot them until destroyed...

In this converted, well I have to say, that all Beta survive, all Gamma, excepting one survive and the Hades has been destroy pretty fast.. why? the Loki shields are weak, and my wingmens in ulysses and Proms S kill them too easly, the most of the time they not even get close to the ursas xDDD And if they does, the Ursa turret finish the ulysses job haha... I never see so king of show shoting down by the IA.... The same thing is happening to the Valkerye and the Herc 1, Give the IA to fly the valkery is send them to a sure death... its a complete suicide, the Herc 1, well they eat Shivan Hornets.... I not sure if the same thing of the Prometheus S is happening which the Shivan Weapons.... BUT, the Shivans Heavy bombs is a crazy... they apear to be a Nuclear Bomb, the damn shockwave kill everything which a weak shield and sometimes even the bomber lol....

I still remember that Awakening mission... 3 Shivan Nephilim going afer the PVD Pinnacle... All of my wingmens (3 Seths, and 4 Ulysses, all in a green status) and Me going afer them... well what I have to say? 2 Seth and 4 Ulysses and 2 Nephilims killed by the Shivan heavy Bombs shockwaves... Only a Seth at 12% survive and me because I not close enoght....

Well, the problem is that some ships are not make to fight to weapons such the Prom S... the Valkerye is an example.

AAHH... Not forgabe that the Harbingers have the countdown of an Interceptor LOL....

P.D. The URSA turret need to be checked too...

You are sure than I cant kill somehing big which my lasers? the other day I destroy the PVD Path the HOL destroyer that guarding the Giordano, which my lasers...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 01:38:57 am by ShivanSpS »

Offline Nuclear1

I'm really having a field day trying to decipher what you just said there.

The Shivan MegaBombs have always been that way. I don't know exactly why you would want to dogfight a Nephilim up close enough to be damaged that badly by the shockwave, but whatever works for you, I suppose. I don't know where you're coming from with the Harbinger having the countdown of an Interceptor, though.

You can't destroy any corvette or larger in the FS2 engine because of the "big damage" flag which protects larger ships from being killed by fighter primary weapons. Your wingmen will damage it with their primaries, but once the ship's hull falls to 10%, the damage stops unless bombs, beams, or big ship turrets do the rest.

Offline CaptJosh

I thought it was 1%. I got the Ravana down that far on my own once during the first mission in which it appeared. Too bad the damage didn't stay for the next mission against it.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Why, because put simply, the whole idea behind the Freespace Port was to re-create "Descent: Freespace" the game (and to a lesser extent, "Silent Threat"), in the "Freespace 2" engine.  They have done some cosmetic upgrades, and some non-cosmetic upgrades... such as the Lucifer's beams, and the addition of the mission after you jump into Sol.  However, the main thing to preserve from the original is the gameplay.  Now, there are a few issues that can't reverted to the original, such as the "big dammage" flags on capital ships (so you can't Prom the Hades to death), but having a weapon with different dynamics than the original, unballances things to an extent that its not realy the same campaign.  I mean, if the PromS is better than the Prom-O, and someone says "why not stick with the PromS, since its a better weapon", I say (sarcasm engaged) "Why not give us the Kayser too, or the Maxim.  I know I'd have liked to mount a bank of Maxims when engaging the Lucifer in hyperspace, where sheilds are ziltch."  (Sarcasem dis-engaged).  If we change things so that something from later in the story, is available earlier, that's breaking cannon, and that's a no-no.  Granted, "ST:R" is a re-write of "ST", but I don't think it will be considered a cannon campaign... even if it is better.

That's my 1.6 cents US (2 cents Canadian) on the issue.
I really wasn't being serious; I know the Prom S is more powerful than the original version, and I do appreciate the Port trying to get things as close to FS1 as possible.  That was just my selfish side talking; after using the Prom S, taking down Nephilims is just going to seem to take forever after going back to the original. :p

About the Hades: I know it won't really matter after ST:R is released, but one idea for the original ST campaign might be to simply remove the "big damage" flag from that particular ship, which would allow all of us to replicate that great rubber-band-your-trigger-and-hide-in-the-engines trick.

...on second thought, this is one time where I think everyone condones the use of cheats. :p

Offline ShivanSpS

The Shivan MegaBombs have always been that way. I don't know exactly why you would want to dogfight a Nephilim up close enough to be damaged that badly by the shockwave, but whatever works for you, I suppose. I don't know where you're coming from with the Harbinger having the countdown of an Interceptor, though.

Well I can accept that if the wingmens are flying an interceptor class who have weak shield, like the Loki or the Valkerye and in a Medium dificulty, BUT, that 2 shockwaves kills 4 Ulysses and 2 Seth (this is the Vasudan Heavy Fighter) and damage another one to 12%, and even Kill the other Two nephilims too... OK, the Nephilims shields maybe hited, but everything this in a Easy dificulty? oh yes for sure... I cant wait to see the Damage of the shockwaves in a Hard or Insane.... whould have more destructve power than a Meson.... Fly in a Valkerye and try to destroy in-fly one Shivan Mega Bomb... you going to be killed even in a 400 Meters or maybe more...

Offline ShivanSpS

And... about the Harbingers... OK if you have two on an slot and you launch 1, you will get a 30 seconds countdown... But if you launch in double fire mode.... You will get 1 second... so, you can launch 6 Harbingers in less than 20 seconds...

Check the Mission time LOL.

http://galeon.com/shivansps/Harbinger1.JPG

http://galeon.com/shivansps/Harbinger2.JPG

http://galeon.com/shivansps/Harbinger3.JPG

Offline Nuclear1

Well, that I understand. The reload counter only matters when the same bay is being used to launch missiles. After all, it doesn't make sense to have to spend 20s waiting for an already-loaded Harbinger to prepare for launch. I would say maybe about 3-4s to arm the bomb, but 20s for a separate bay is ridiculous, and was one of the few things I disliked about the original.

Offline bfobar

Yeah, I like that feature. It takes a while to get lock-on anyway, so all it's doing is making a bomber with 3 small bomb bays more appealing than one with 2 large ones. If you play with the Shrouding the Light campaign (FS1 port, vasudan goodies), you can salvo fire barracuda bombs that don't need a lock on to shoot if you're fast cycling through the secondary banks. It's actually really fun I think, if not slightly imbalancing in the player's favor. (The AI will never do this.)