Author Topic: Call for voice actors  (Read 5909 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Are you interested in being a voice actor in the BHX campaign for The Babylon Project? If so then sign up here. Just reply with your name and email address. For more information on the BHX campaign check this thread: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,34408.0.html . I've had about 10 people sign up so far, all quality voice actors. That's not quite enough though so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
how much text for a single voice actor?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Some in mission scripts vary from a short sentence to a couple of stringed sentences, while some of the mission briefs, debriefs and cut scenes will require mucho script :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
okay than count me in...
Name: Jan
Email: [email protected]
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Admiral_Ahmose

• Former gamer/poser, still a voice actor.
    • BurghSportsGuys.com
Howdy.  Definitely interested.  Already helping on Rogue Intentions, and have helped on the Blackwater Ops demo.

You can also check out the Quicktime 7.0 movie trailer at

http://www.culpainnata.com

Listen for the voice of the news anchor.

Mike - [email protected]
I eat Sathani for breakfast.

Sign me up.

Was in Raider Wars and a whole lot of parts in Derelict.

James Dixon
jimdixon AT gmail.com

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest so far. So far it's good news and bad news. Good news - we have some very good voice talent onboard already. Bad news - we only have about ten voice actors in total. That's not great. BHX is supposed to be a big interstellar war type thingy. So it's going to be a little wierd hearing the same voices over and over again. Hopefully we'll get some more interest soon.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Well.... okay then. 10 voice actors it is. This should be intersting.  :nervous:

Offline Slasher

I'd volunteer but I've never been very good at that sort of thing. 

Have you tried asking on the other HLP forums?  Maybe even ask outside of the community if you're really set on it?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The BSG project has assembled a whole bunch of voice actors who are currently doing nothing. You might want to ask the team if you can borrow some. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
That sounds like an incredibly good idea. Thanks for the tip.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Bob on, the more the merrier.
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I will rise to the challenge!

Just mention me as DJ on the credits. :)

Starred as Alpha 3 in Derelict, and currently redoing those voices since my voice got deeper. :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 10:58:50 am by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

If more needed let me know.  It has been hectic latley but i can still do it if enough time givin.

IP you know my short list of works

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
You were in RW weren't you? :D

Offline Sphynx

I may be interested, but don't have a lot of time. So a smaller part would be good. I've done work for the Star Wraith series, Wing Commander: Standoff, Wing Commander Saga, and various others. I may be able to fit you in.

e-mail me at [email protected]
What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.

IPAndrews

You were in RW weren't you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes
Hermes Captain
Gen Snyder

Offline Sphynx

Oh,
I also have some pre-recorded generic female pilot coms that you may want to use (all of them were done in my private studio-- okay with my mic at my computer-- but I don't live near the actresses anymore so I can't do any new lines). I think many of them would fit what you want. E-mail me if you are interested.

[email protected]

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Re: Call for voice actors
Hi sphynx, I might be able to make use of some of those samps for the Heat Em Up Campaign.  I will be calling for voice actors in april after BHX is completed, so theres no point in not getting a head start :)  Let me know if thats oK, cheers
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline Sphynx

Re: Call for voice actors
That's perfectly fine. :)

I figure, I've already got them, and you are welcome to use them whenever you want. Just let me know when you'd like them.