Author Topic: direct IP games?  (Read 1452 times)

Offline -moose-

hey, i can't seem to get a direct IP game to work with a friend..  it works fine on our lan but over the internet he cant connect.. i tried opening up the ports that fs2net uses as well as forcing fs2open to use a certain port to no avail.. anything i might be missing?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Have you entered his IP address on your machine too? FS2 is rather odd about LAN games in that the host needs to be aware of all the clients IP addresses or you'll either get crashes or find that the clients can't even see the host.

Failing that are you using a router? Is the router actually forwarding all the info on that port to the right PC?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline -moose-

he had gone home i meant and was playing from home.. i hadnt put his IP in as i was hosting but i had forwarded the ports correctly i thought

i'll have to play with this more tonight when he gets back

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You'll need to add his IP. If it doesn't work after that we'll have to see if something else is contributing to the problem.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I sure hope you don't get to find out you're ISP has either of you stuck behind a NAT.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz