Author Topic: BWO Screen of Intrigue#1  (Read 8709 times)

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Re: BWO Screen of Intrigue#1
Trust me, you don't want to know.

Oh man it was way out there....(looks out into the distances)...... ;7

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Now with the "Golgatha" Meson beam cannon has the same fire power as the Sath forward beam canons? (all four of them)???  Or i have to figure it out til its release???
Mmmm it works a bit differently I suppose....a Golgotha class would never want to be going toe to toe by itself with a Sathanas as it couldn't take the hits.  But the battle would be very interesting :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
so it's basically a big sniper rifle?, and not a big tank like a sath.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
That'd be a better analogy...yes.  I'm firmly opposed to the progressive bigger fish eats the smaller fish thing that was happening in the MOD community around the time that BWO was being developed.  In the age of mega destroyers of 10KM or 15KM or 20KM long goodness I decided that a ship just a bit bigger than a Hecate or Orion with a really big gun was the better more appealing option.  The Golgotha is a compromise...the vast majority of the ship is devoted to either the main meson weapon and associated systems or with the propulsion as a means of getting it to a place where it can use the aformentioned weapon.  Fight compliment is very small as well.

The Hecate or even the Orion are far superior as an overall battleship...but when you need something big blown to small tiny pieces you send in a Golgotha. Thats the concept.
- IceFire

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
That'd be a better analogy...yes.  I'm firmly opposed to the progressive bigger fish eats the smaller fish thing that was happening in the MOD community around the time that BWO was being developed.  In the age of mega destroyers of 10KM or 15KM or 20KM long goodness I decided that a ship just a bit bigger than a Hecate or Orion with a really big gun was the better more appealing option.  The Golgotha is a compromise...the vast majority of the ship is devoted to either the main meson weapon and associated systems or with the propulsion as a means of getting it to a place where it can use the aformentioned weapon.  Fight compliment is very small as well.

The Hecate or even the Orion are far superior as an overall battleship...but when you need something big blown to small tiny pieces you send in a Golgotha. Thats the concept.
a more logical concept given how military resources would be.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Great stuff...

@Firecrack, "c'mon, every mod has Shivans, even the BSG mod does!" - sure, lay off the crack :D ...

Been awhile, a MESON beam of Doom? I figured it had the standard Big Blue Archangel Beam of Doom still... Regardless, I would NOT want to be anywhere near the front firing arc! "Ooo, what a pretty shade of white, AARGH! (Kaboom)"  :lol:

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

It's easy.

The Golgotha's bfg has a limited field of fire.

The Hectate simply jumped 'gasp' BEHIND the ship and started blasting.

Either that or Alpha 1 already damaged it despite his red-shirted wingmates.
It's hard to see the moral high ground if you're standing in the mud.-NeoBSG

Wise man say: No such thing as overkill, only "FIRE!" and "RELOAD!"

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE!

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Great stuff...

@Firecrack, "c'mon, every mod has Shivans, even the BSG mod does!" - sure, lay off the crack :D ...

Been awhile, a MESON beam of Doom? I figured it had the standard Big Blue Archangel Beam of Doom still... Regardless, I would NOT want to be anywhere near the front firing arc! "Ooo, what a pretty shade of white, AARGH! (Kaboom)"  :lol:

Basically the Golgotha's Meson Beam weapon takes the Meson bomb technology to the next step.  The reaction created by the bombs is instead channeled into energy feeding the particle beam and the design channels what is in effect a series of power surges through the system into the emitter and firing at the designated target.  When I did a test...three Golgotha class destroyers took out a Sathanas in under 40 seconds while maintaing a range that was out of the Sathanas main beam weapons.  Although the Sathanas class is no doubt superior overall...good tactics would allow the Golgothas to effectively combat the larger type despite being far smaller than the Colossus.
- IceFire