Author Topic: New SEXPs to play with  (Read 3774 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
New SEXPs to play with
For those of you who aren't aware I'm an SCP coder now. And I come bearing gifts :)

Click me

CVS is from the 13th so this is newer than the latest CVS build posted. It's not just a CVS build either. There's three new SEXPs to play with.

Num-Ships-In-Wing
Basically this returns the number of ships from the wings mentioned that are currently present. This is useful for situations when you want 4 fighters from Cancer wing to be present when something happens but don't care which wave they are from.

Get-Secondary-Ammo
Basically tells you the number of missiles present in a single bank. Tell it to look at bank 4 and it will give you the total number of missiles. Unlike Secondary-ammo-pct this SEXP gives you the actual number not a percentage. This is very useful for

Set-Secondary-Ammo
Sets the ammo to whatever number you type (including 0) or the maximum that bank can carry. I'm sure there are FREDders out there who can think of things to do with this. Rearming when near a certain location or ship subsystem is one that comes to mind. :D

Debug and FRED builds included in the package along with a short mission to test the new SEXPs. Have fun :)

« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 05:53:23 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Re: New SEXPs to play with
Here's a new release build with the extra disable Built-In Command Messages feature.  CVS is still from the 13th though.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I wasn't aware. A SCP coder who can see things from a mission designer's perspective. Things just looked way up. The future's so bright I'm going to have to wear shades, and here they are  :cool:.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well Goober does that too but yeah I'm probably only going to be working on FRED stuff for quite a while cause that's what interests me :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:hopping:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Yay! The FRED king has upped his level! :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta