Author Topic: Bug: player thruster glow disappears if no other ship has it  (Read 1424 times)

Bug: player thruster glow disappears if no other ship has it
I have found that when adding a glowmap to a custom model, it causes the thruster glow to disappear in its entirety.
Nothing is left except the ugly semi-transparent Thruster## animation.

Any ideas why this is happening?

EDIT: It only happens to player ships. Glowmaps have nothing to do with it.
If the player ship is vasudan but no other ship you have seen in your current session of FS2_open is vasudan, 3rd person view doesn't show the thruster glow.
If you play two missions in a row and  the first one has at least one other vasudan ship, everything is fine with the thruster glow.
The same goes for terran and shivan ships.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 12:35:14 pm by Ares III »

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Re: Bug: Glowmaps make thruster glow disappear
It really shouldn't, unless you're somehow erasing or corrupting the POF data for the engine glows.  What special are you doing to "add a glowmap" anyway?
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Re: Bug: player thruster glow disappears if no other ship has it
Sorry about the whole glowmap thing, that was just a coincidence being mistaken for the source of the problem.
I had just added glowmaps to the ships, and had a level to test it with only two ships (player and enemy) when the thrusterglow disappeared.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: Bug: player thruster glow disappears if no oth
Does it happen only to the ship types selected via loadout screen that would not otherwise exists in the mission at all? And are you using 3.6.7 build?
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Re: Bug: player thruster glow disappears if no other ship has it
No, happens even if the ship is manually placed.
And yes, I'm using 3.6.7

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Re: Bug: player thruster glow disappears if no oth
I'll bet it's still the same bug.  Try something out of recent builds.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM