Author Topic: New Model For Grabs [for INF Staff]  (Read 5777 times)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
New Model For Grabs [for INF Staff]
Hey guys,

I've been away for awhile and wow - you guys are making some very impressive progress around here.  But anyway, I'm here to donate one of my other models - that is, if you want it for Inferno.

Wireframe View of Anterior Saggital View (kinda' looks like a VTOL craft from this angle, IMHO)

Anterior View

Saggital View

Dorsal Posterior View

You can obviously see the blatant Taiidani fins on this model.  Here's its creation history - this model is - believe it or not - based off of the old Tigris model that never entered Attempted Suicides.  The original model was a direct rip from Homeworld, but I didn't really like the job Relic did with the model.  So I started from scratch and redesigned the Tigris and from there, the model has diverged so much from its Homeworld counterpart that pretty much the only thing that remains Homeworld-ish would be the fins.  The body of the model is a combination of inspirations from GTF Herc, GTB Medusa, and the Taiidani Attack Bomber.

Here are the design specs - four posterior fins for balance (the model looks weird w/o fins, but bottom fins can be removed without detrimenting the model), dorsal intake structure, two bomb bays with posterior ends as secondary engine ports, ventral posterior intake structure (in front of the tail) that may also be used as a primary weapon bay, etc.

So yeah - if you want it for Inferno, please reply and let me know.

- Rampage

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: New Model For Grabs [for INF Staff]
Hmm I have an idea were I can use this. Send it on over :)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Sent - can't wait to see it in Inferno!

- Rampage
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 02:21:13 am by Rampage »

Offline mr.WHO

It will be another EA bomber?

BTW cockpit (and whole front) looks weard.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
It will be another EA bomber?

BTW cockpit (and whole front) looks weard.

The faction this ship will belong to isn't up to me, but I'd say that just on the merit of its design, it resembles a hybrid ship between GTVA and EA factions, with the fins being an EA contribution (my guess is that many EA strike crafts were designed for heavy atmospheric flight, since subspace was severed).

From certain angles, the cockpit does look at bit weird.  The cockpit was a part of the aerodynamic design of the craft, as it rests nicely on a chassis "bed".  But overall, I think it fits with the rest of the model.

Oh yeah, talking about cockpits - Woo, you may want to bisect the cockpit similar to the fashion of how the rest of the model is bisected; just run an edge through the center of the cockpit so that its vertices are at y=0 in trueSpace.  Then triangulate it.  This will make texturing the model easier.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Oh yeah, talking about cockpits - Woo, you may want to bisect the cockpit similar to the fashion of how the rest of the model is bisected; just run an edge through the center of the cockpit so that its vertices are at y=0 in trueSpace.  Then triangulate it.  This will make texturing the model easier.
I'll be using Max to map it so I'll slice it in half in max so I only texture one side, so max will do the cockpit for me.

Offline mr.WHO

Don't forget to post screenshots when it will be ready :).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
That'll be a few days from now. My neice should be here in a few hours so I doubt I'll be working on it today.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Offline mr.WHO

EA, I knew it.  It will be archive mod or part of R2?

What is the purpose of this bomber?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's not EA technically.

The purpose of the bomber is to blow stuff up...sorry I just had to say that :D

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
The texture job is pretty good (I like the EA-themed checkerboard missle and engine bays), but I do have three suggestions:

The dorsal intake input probably looks better if it weren't red.  Black or grey-black probably looks better w/ this mapping schema.

The missile bay texture looks "stretched".

Can we get more shots of the ship from different angles?  Thanks.

Oh yeah, what will you name the ship?

- Rampage

Offline mr.WHO

Then there is only two options left:
pre-EA
post GTVA-EA war

BTW you mentioned that you do some pre EA stuff, it would be fantastic if you could inform Blaise Russel about it,  when he will begin his Sol a history remake (that should be under construction after R2 relase).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

The dorsal intake input probably looks better if it weren't red.  Black or grey-black probably looks better w/ this mapping schema.

The missile bay texture looks "stretched".

Oh yeah, what will you name the ship?
1. Can't do much about that, I use the same maps for all EA bombers that I've mapped so I have to stick with what's on the map. It limits me a bit but saves quite a bit of texture memory.

2. I'll look into those

3. No name yet, It's rare I name things before they're considered final.

BTW you mentioned that you do some pre EA stuff, it would be fantastic if you could inform Blaise Russel about it,  when he will begin his Sol a history remake (that should be under construction after R2 relase).
These ships are for a specific story of mine set in pre EA Sol. If anyone else wants to use them once I'm done that's fine, but I'm not giving full information on these to anyone. I'm still using more of the EA fleet than I'd really want to use, but it's reduced quite a bit from my original plan.

I might be able to booster this ship pack once TVWP is finnished if theres anything in there that I think is compatable with what I'm doing.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I might be able to booster this ship pack once TVWP is finnished if theres anything in there that I think is compatable with what I'm doing.

Considering the whole deal over the Ticonderoga, maybe we should combine fleets. :nervous:

Anyway, FSPort will be coming out in a few days with a bunch of GW-era ships, so you might be able to use some of those.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well I currently have a fenris style cruiser using those new tile maps, the destroyer in the first pic and a modified version of Aldos cutter model. There's also the modified Cheops asteroid base from the other thread and the Angel scout which you may already be using.

Since I don't want to use ships that are in FS2 I'm using the Uriel instead of the Ursa, The Mustang Alpha and Apollyon (both my meshes) will be used as enemy fighters. I don't plan on releasing this for a very long time so you don't have to worry there. I can get the updated Mustang maps by then since TVWP will be out before I release any of this. I don't know if you still use the Apollyon, it's a Apollo bomber concept.

FS1 ships that are used include the Apollo, Athena and Valkyrie, though I may replace those if I can find decent stuff. The only ship avaliable in FS2 that I'll be using is the Orion. Since I need it story wise.

I'd like to replace some of the EA ships later if I find more meshes. Though only the Stentor is used for fighters. Though 2 bombers are being used. Some EA capships are used though, with no 'new' EA mapped ships.

My plans are still in the very early stages...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Anyway, FSPort will be coming out in a few days with a bunch of GW-era ships, so you might be able to use some of those.
:wakka:  :wakka:
Great news Goob!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You don't miss a thing, do you? :p

Woomeister: Yeah, we're using the Mustangs, the Apollyon, the Angel, the Ticonderoga, and probably the Cheops.  Rampage's model also looks like it would fit the period, so we might like to use that (or else use the previous GTB Tigris).

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
You don't miss a thing, do you? :p

Woomeister: Yeah, we're using the Mustangs, the Apollyon, the Angel, the Ticonderoga, and probably the Cheops.  Rampage's model also looks like it would fit the period, so we might like to use that (or else use the previous GTB Tigris).
What weapons layout are you using for the Ticondroga... or should the answer be "wait and see"?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Who, TVWP?  I don't really remember... our model is slightly different from Woomeister's anyway, I think.