Author Topic: How they might destroy the Gargant  (Read 41841 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: How they might destroy the Gargant
Ours only hurt if you get hit by them at point blank range since the further they travel from the turret, the further the shots spread apart so you don't get the full hit at a further distance. Our flak can be more annoying since it's faster than the FS2 flak.

They may not hurt but they sure annoy the hell out of me! Especially when they shoot down the bombs you throw at whatever it is your targeting...... Good job programming that by the way they are MUCH more accurate than FS2 turrets.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

WHOA! ! !   :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

U say: FASTER THAN THE FS2 Turrets?

how quickly can they kill u?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

I said "more accurate" not "faster". :rolleyes:

But like Woomeister said they do very little actual damage...they just throw you away from whatever ship you're trying to take down.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Heh, imagine what could EA Cluster Flaks do with your fighter. :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 04:59:54 am by Qwer »
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
U say: FASTER THAN THE FS2 Turrets?

Enemy weapons fire at 2x the FS2 rates on very easy to the same rate as fs2 on insane, firendly weapons fire at 4x faster on very easy and at the same rate as fs2 on insane (usually FS2 fire rate is 4x slower on very easy than insane) so the lower the difficulty you play on, the more you'll notice the difference.

Our weapons can take a light fighter down quite quicky, you'll regret challenging a cruiser in a Mihos...

yea, I don't make a habit out of attackin cap ships. . . .  I usually go for the fighters. . . . (my caps can defend themselves)

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

That's because you play on too low a difficulty.  :lol:

it's not that. . . . :hopping:           

It's that as a fighter wing, ur supposed to defend teh caps that are blowing the crap out of other caps. . . . .

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Yeah but you're ALSO supposed to execute precision strikes against troublesome turrets on said enemy cap ships.

Getting back to the Gargant...I'm rather disappointed you're not using it at the moment.

It would have had a good spot in my campaign........ don't worry about mine contradicting Inferno, it takes place long afterward.

As to how to destroy a Gargant (original topic of this thread, in case people have forgotten) just throw a few Icanuses at them, I've witnessed how easily it can shred the Gigas...

oh btw, idle question, but if you put ships from two different speciesand label them both as "hostile" team, do they still attack each other?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Yeah but you're ALSO supposed to execute precision strikes against troublesome turrets on said enemy cap ships.

Stilleto equivalents or ya die. :p
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
As to how to destroy a Gargant (original topic of this thread, in case people have forgotten) just throw a few Icanuses at them, I've witnessed how easily it can shred the Gigas...

oh btw, idle question, but if you put ships from two different speciesand label them both as "hostile" team, do they still attack each other?

Several Icanus class ships wouldn't be able to beat it before they are destroyed. One of them might do 2-4% damage before it's destroyed.

hostiles won't attack each other even if they are different species, you need to set one group as neutral and select 'all teams at war' in FRED.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Guess I underestimated the Gargant's armor....

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

Offline mr.WHO

Something tell me that it can even survive supernova. if super uber beam of death that supose to have couple of millions or even billions dergee dammage it  about 2-4%, then noca would fry it only a bit.

If we would have a new meson warhead that blow up like nova, then we would have to stic it directly to gargant hull (it would be best to put it at weakest part) to destroy it (something like WW2 sticky bombs vs heavy armoured tanks).

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
I bet GTVA will be crushed. If not by Gargant, then by that super-uber-massive moon-size juggernauth. ;7
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Deimos class corvettes can even (partialy) survive supernovae, i'm preety sure the gargant will have no trouble.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline mr.WHO

By survive I mean that it can use & move away after nova :D

The corvettes didn't survive the supernova....that was just the EMP shockwave preceding the real explosion.