Author Topic: Reaching the Zenith bug  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Lindley

Reaching the Zenith bug
I'm running version 2.3 of the port; I haven't upgraded to version 3 out of fear that my current pilot might be incompatible and I'd have to start over. If that's not the case, let me know.

Anyway, here's the issue. When playing "Reaching the Zenith", my wingmen behave normally for the most part.....but they seem spectacularly unwilling to attack the Zenith itself. I've tried ordering them to "Destroy my Target", or "Disarm my Target", and they won't do it.

As a result, the only possible way to disarm the Zenith in the 10 minutes available is to myself fly a bomber with Stilettos; and even then, there simply is not time to destroy the thing outright. It just isn't possible without wingman assistence.

The wingmen do everything else they're supposed to, though.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Reaching the Zenith bug
If you're running the SCP, try the most recent build.  There shouldn't be anything in the mission that's causing this.

At the same time, if you've ordered them to attack it, don't also order them to disable or disarm it.  That cancels the attack order.

Offline Lindley

After further experimentation, it turns out they're just taking an ungodly amount of time returning from destroying the Hammer of Light vessel. So I've changed tactics and told them to attack the Zenith first. I've seen no indication that the AI knows how to use Stilettos, though.

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
After further experimentation, it turns out they're just taking an ungodly amount of time returning from destroying the Hammer of Light vessel. So I've changed tactics and told them to attack the Zenith first. I've seen no indication that the AI knows how to use Stilettos, though.

Back in the day, when I ran Windows and could play FSO, I never had this problem, if only because I and my wingmen already had the Zenith destroyed by the time the Benedict jumped in. Thus, travel time back and forth was never an issue. I'd just get the Red Alert end-of-mission once the Benedict blew and that would be that.

Now... :( I want to play through the FS1 main campaign in FSPort 3.0, but I'm too much of a Linux n00b to make it work. (and my fs2 cd 2 is ****ered, and for some reason retail fs1 won't run despite the Icculus installer...)