Author Topic: Inferno skirmish/war generator proposition.  (Read 3615 times)

Offline mr.WHO

Inferno skirmish/war generator proposition.
There are some plans for TBP dynamic campaign (galactic war or something like that):

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,38128.0.html

I wonder if you finish R2 and some additional mods (Ancients) you could do the same for Inferno. I know that some races would not be playable (Shivans and Ancients) but it would still be fun to play EA vs Terran or EA vs Shivan war.

Please consider it ,coz it would make my favorite mod even better.

Re: Inferno skirmish/war generator proposition.
Presumably BHX could be modified to use our ship classes instead, providing no-one minds using the basic structure in another mod. It'd be cool if someone else does it, which would hopefully not be too complex, but we have no plans to do anything like it ATM.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well something like that would have to wait to after completion of the main campaign. It would take too much time from the campaign development to do something like that beforehand.

I know that some races would not be playable (Shivans and Ancients) but it would still be fun to play EA vs Terran or EA vs Shivan war.

Wrong, I have made both species playable in R1, if they are not in R2, then I can made them playables when it's released, supposing those species are packed in R2. The real problem is making a good history where you win and loose in a balanced way, otherwise it won't make sense to be playing with a species that you know that is destined to loose or to win by a 100% rate, that means there are needed different and Multiple endings and also multiple plot, of course the victory of one Species means the Defeat of another one, that would mean that it could be made a Good Ending if you win (the Bad Ending for the other Species), and a Bad one if you loose (the Good Ending for the other Species), it needs to share things...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The weapons aren't balanced for player use though, and Ancient fighters are cannon fodder to any Terran fighter with the Aquinas or to a lesser extent the Hastor.

I actually didn't really mean that R1 or even R2 (when released) is balanced, I mean in R1 the Ancients only have 3 Primary Weapons and just a few secondaries, but their ships are really powerful, they have more hitpoits and are faster and can carry even more weapons, it's reasonable since the don't have a Shield Generator and so don't waste energy. The Shivans lack of some turrets like that were even in FS2.

What I just trying to mean was that it may be hard but not impossible. Regarding balance, well, for me most things are easier to be done than to be explained, they sometimes sound really troublesome but when you get motivation and know what are you doing you don't want to stop until is finished...

The Ancient Support Ship should repair the Ancients ships. That way a frontal attack maybe a choice, I personally won't risk in doing it knowing that if I loose hitpoints it would be permanently, but if they can be recovered by shield or by the Support ship, I would take the challenge...(also I am bored of see that none use that feature)

The weapons aren't balanced for player use though, and Ancient fighters are cannon fodder to any Terran fighter with the Aquinas or to a lesser extent the Hastor.

In INF R1: Jotun D.H + Ripper, one shoot one Ancient dead

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
In INF R1: Jotun D.H + Ripper, one shoot one Ancient dead
Well the Jotun can only carry up to the Prometheus and the PAC cannons are too slow for attacking fighters and bombers.

are too slow for attacking fighters and bombers.

True, those ships have the speed and maneubrability of a potato, but are pure firepower.

Now that I mention the "potato" classification, I wonder if there was in FS2, something like +Maneubrability: Potato, no probabily that rate doesn't exist, it's just a description for the Ares (fits well)
---------------------------------------------------------

I didn't really mean this is something to be taken seriously. It's just the idea of not playing as a human for once (and not a vasudan too), but I see the change of learning how to make something like that, a campaing where you choose your side, and just take my attention.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I was talking about the new bomber weapons the PACs not the bombers themselves. You can fight fighters using the Prometheus in the Jotun, you'll just find it extremely hard to do so. The PAC guns would probably do heavy damage to an Ancient ship if it hits it, but those guns are very slow and so won't hit any moving target.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Presumably BHX could be modified to use our ship classes instead

You could do that and you'd end up with a B5 campaign with Inferno ships. Ripping the guts out of BHX and starting from scratch would probably yield better results but it's a lot of work. It's not something you want to bog the Inferno team down with really.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We don't have enough staff to do it right now anyway.

Offline mr.WHO

if you finish R2 and some additional mods (Ancients) you could do the same for Inferno

Keywords   :doubt:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We still wouldn't have enough staff to do it really. I seem to be the only one here at the moment, haven't seen some of the others here in months.