Author Topic: Cant get FS1 campaign working  (Read 2614 times)

Cant get FS1 campaign working
OK no offense or anything but your readme's and manuals arent helping; they dont tell me anything as far as what to do. I downloaded the FS1port main file and the Mission pack, however they are not recognized as openable programs. I have FS2 Open with all the decals so I know the mod loader program works. So, besides downloading the missions and the 36mb file, what else do I need to do? Thanks for the help in advance.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Cant get FS1 campaign working
The FSPort readme assumes you know how to install FS campaigns in general.  General instructions can be found elsewhere, such as the Wiki or Karajorma's FAQ.

thanks dude. Ill report back if I have more problems.

alright im nw at the point where I have the FS1 Ship Interior working. But when I click Ready Room, the game crashes and gives me a rediculously long list of errors, all saying "Sathanas Turret 1-15 blah blah blah". I am not sure what Im doing wrong, I followed Karajorma's FAQ.  Another wierd thing is using the Launcher program, I cant even Locate the FS1 port .exe- I dont have one. How do I get one, and how do I get the FS1 Ships files and weapons files, none of them show up in the tech room. Thanks.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It sounds like you have extra tables or mods gumming up the works somewhere.  Read the sections of the FAQ pertaining to "Installing Mods" and "Technical Problems".

And the Port doesn't use its own EXE; it runs off the standard FS2 EXEs... either retail or SCP.

the only thing I have that might be considered a mod is all of the visual and graphical effects that I downloaded for FSO, like lighting and textures and better models and whatnot. I dont think those count though. And does this mean that I will never be able to have both the FS2 and FS1 campaigns at the same time, as in one or the other?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Older versions of the mediaVPs will cause conflicts.

Try running the SCP without the mediaVPs regardless.  Best way to solve a problem is to use the simplest setup possible, then work upwards.

And that's correct, you can't run FS1 and FS2 missions at the same time... but it's very simple to switch mods now with the launcher.