Author Topic: Damn Minbari  (Read 4466 times)

Offline Dwin

Okay, Minbari fighters are really hard to kill with a Starfury.

Anybody have any tips on:

a) actually hitting them

b) getting one off your six

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
If they're going head-to-head or if one is on your tail and going after you with a vengance, spiral.  Continue to spiral then come about and hit your burners halfway through the turn.  You should then be able to come in on its broadside and continue to turn with it as it evades you.  Hit it whenever you get your guns get in position.  You may also need to vary your speed to maintain the best attack vector during the turning.  Another tactic during squadron head-on attacks is to hang back and send your wingmen into make the initial engagement, then follow behind them and pick a target.  Another useful tactic is to stick near any friendly cap-ship and allow their turrets to run interference.  Even its presence acts to distract the Minbari from you, by presenting a more prominent target.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Aim ahead of of your lead indicator. And they drop like flies :yes:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

hit the brakes when they are close, works most of the time for me :)

Offline Ranger1

Taking your name Maverick to the extreme aren't you?  :lol:

of course, i love top gun, what do you think is my name from? ;)
the I_E_ stands for Iron Eagle, a call sign from another fighterpilot film called "Iron Eagle" :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Praying helps as much as anything else. I tended to either hide out in a convenient friendly capship or just put all power to engines and run the heck away in the Minbari War campaign.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Dwin

Well, the Minbari in the Minbari War campaign were really easy to fight against, mainly because they ignored you most of the time.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Well, the Minbari in the Minbari War campaign were really easy to fight against, mainly because they ignored you most of the time.

Yeah I did that on purpose so you wouldn't die every half second :D
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Wont be as easy on EMW the new earth minbari war campiagn, it starts off easy but halfway through starts getting a bit harder :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline Dwin

Yea, I was working on a Minbari mission myself.

8 Starfuries VS. 3 waves of 5 Minbari fighters. It was just the PERFECT amount for my mission. By the last wave, you're on your own (except for you invulnerable wingmate), and there's this short, but critical time in which you can warp out or be destroyed.

:yes:

Offline Dwin

Wont be as easy on EMW the new earth minbari war campiagn, it starts off easy but halfway through starts getting a bit harder :)

What about, it starts off easy, and then all of a sudden, your fleet of 50 Novas gets wiped off the face of the universe by a single Sharlin, and you're left alone, drifting in Hyperspace, as the rest of the Minbari fleet of 1 000 000 flies by you and know you that it's hopeless but you try to go out in a blaze of glory and stage several guerilla attacks on Minbari-captured territory only to be rescued by your ship that you thought was destroyed in the attack that destroyed the 49 other warships, but actually managed to escape and, like yourself, has beeng going lone-wolf against the Minbari, and then together, you regroup with the rest of your fleet which consists of only like, 3 remaining ships, and you hold off against the Minbari fleet of 999 999 *BREATH* and, as the story goes, the Minbari surrender right at the last moment.

:yes:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Sounds like a RAMBO mod for TBP.  :lol:
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
What about, it starts off easy, and then all of a sudden, your fleet of 50 Novas gets wiped off the face of the universe by a single Sharlin, and you're left alone, drifting in Hyperspace, as the rest of the Minbari fleet of 1 000 000 flies by you and know you that it's hopeless but you try to go out in a blaze of glory and stage several guerilla attacks on Minbari-captured territory only to be rescued by your ship that you thought was destroyed in the attack that destroyed the 49 other warships, but actually managed to escape and, like yourself, has beeng going lone-wolf against the Minbari, and then together, you regroup with the rest of your fleet which consists of only like, 3 remaining ships, and you hold off against the Minbari fleet of 999 999 *BREATH* and, as the story goes, the Minbari surrender right at the last moment.

This is the best post I've read in this forum for a long time.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Dwin

Dont want to start a new topic over this, so I'll just ask here.

What's up with AI ships of the same type as yours being able to fly faster than you in normal flight?

Offline Dwin

This is the best post I've read in this forum for a long time.

Did I forget to mention that the Minbari fighters would be mini-Sharlins?

Offline hamaxp

• vieteri kemu.jpg
it took 4 nova 3 hyperion class ships to distroy a minbari tinashi ship :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: noob one sharlin wins 87 novas
 by the way how do you but pictures on this thing
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 02:29:03 pm by hamaxp »
i am so noob