Author Topic: Is anyone getting this FRED bug ?  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Is anyone getting this FRED bug ?
I tried out some of the newer FRED builds with TBP 3.3a, since older builds don't like the new ship.tbl very much. But even the simplest mission fails to load, and I'm greeted with this debug message:

What's going on here ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: Is anyone getting this FRED bug ?
Try using new fs builds with the new mission files
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
what date is the build?
I had this before when I was opening a mission where I already used a newer build and tried to edit it again with an older build - it appears if a new feature requires a new command line in the file and "messes" everything up for the older build....

the best way to solve this is to ensure fs_open and fred_open used are of the same date... OR you go down to the mission file (in Editor) and delete these line which "mess things up" (in your chase the line containing: $AI Behavoir: )
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Ah yes, using a new FRED build with a not so new FS2_open build caused the problem. Using both from the same build date solved it. Thanks guys.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea