Author Topic: Help- Noob getting attacked by friendly cap ships....  (Read 2098 times)

Help- Noob getting attacked by friendly cap ships....
I have inferno R1 + the SCP patch, plus shadow fix on an open 3.6.7 install. If I target next enemy it targets friendly ships also, and when friendly cap ships are in the area the open fire on not only me and friendly fighters, but also on each other with their main beams.... They show as green friendly, not totally sure what the problem is. Any advice?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Help- Noob getting attacked by friendly cap ships....
Try a more recent build. That one sounds really buggy.

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Well i saw something like that on some FS Port FS1 missions, but really i don't know what could be this. :doubt:
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

If you have my Update as you say, use a newer build as specified on the 1st post of the Topic/Thread of the Update.

This is cause due to a new IFF feature, where all the $Team: xxxxx (ex: Friendly/Hostile/Neutral/Unknown) were erased if you saved the Mission with a FRED2 build around those dates...also this was caused if the Flag "All Team at Wars" at Mission Specs was ON, however in the last version of my update this happens only at Mission 06 (the blockade against the Kismat and the Diablo), I can't really tell if that option was activated by mistake by me or if it was already in the INF + SCP Patch missions...

I have already fixed those bugs months ago, but I still don't have upload the fixed update...

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
That bug was caused by a misunderstanding of what "all teams at war" actually did when the IFF overhaul was done.  It should be fixed at this point, so if you're still seeing it in a recent build then something else is probably wrong.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM