Author Topic: Respect for campaign designers.  (Read 1546 times)

Respect for campaign designers.
I gotta say. For the past week or so I've been trying to make a b5 campaign and it is turning out to be pretty hard. Though my only real fred expeirence is just making the tutorial mission in the help files. X_X

Must say. Makes me respect the hell out of the real good fredders out there :/

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Re: Respect for campaign designers.
I gotta say. For the past week or so I've been trying to make a b5 campaign and it is turning out to be pretty hard.
Dont start big. Make single missions until you get better at FREDing. Then move on to more complex storylines. After a while your FREDing will be hindered by your lack of imagination. I remember the times when I could sit by the screen just trying to figure what to FRED about. :)
I don't have that problem anymore thought. ;)
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Respect for campaign designers.
Consider looking into the FRED Academy for a couple of missions then going back to your own stuff. Having people to playtest and comment on your missions is a real advantage when you're starting up.

We'll also help you avoid some of the pitfalls mission designers make when starting up too so when you get round to making your own campaign your missions will be much better :) Besides we do run a B5 campaign so it's not like you wouldn't be making missions that will teach you a fair bit about how TBP works as well :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]