Author Topic: Can I use inferno in my campaign  (Read 3906 times)

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Can I use inferno in my campaign
Ok didnt know if I where gonna ask this here or in the FRED section but I am asking it here.

Ok so I am doing a campaign and I was just wondering if its ok to use some ships from the Inferno MOD(R1 since I guess R2 is along way off), of cource I will give the creator credit in the credits.........

Also I dont know if its possible to use a ship without using the entire mod (Will Most likely only want to use the SOSD Olemus and the SSJ Gigas maybe another corvette or destroyer also but thats about it) if anybody could post here or PM about a tread where it says how to do this I would be very happy.

And thx for a great MOD  :yes:

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Can I use inferno in my campaign
Well if you did ask in the FRED section, I probably wouldn't of seen it as I don't go in there often :)

Sure use anything you like.

Though a note that the INF SCP version of the Gigas is quite different to the R1 one (or the one currently shown on the site) and we don't use the Olemus anymore, so there's no newer version of that.

To use just a few ships and not all of them, extract the model and any required maps from the VP file, then create a table entry for the ship for your mod and add it to your ship tbl/m file.

Offline diceman111

Well if you did ask in the FRED section, I probably wouldn't of seen it as I don't go in there often :)

Sure use anything you like.

Though a note that the INF SCP version of the Gigas is quite different to the R1 one (or the one currently shown on the site) and we don't use the Olemus anymore, so there's no newer version of that.

To use just a few ships and not all of them, extract the model and any required maps from the VP file, then create a table entry for the ship for your mod and add it to your ship tbl/m file.

Ok thx will do that thx

just a question u said there are 2 version of the gigas, I guess the old one is the one included in the R1 files but can I get the other one anywhere(Even though to tell the thruth it is just going to get blown up anyway)

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There's 4 different versions of the Gigas, and two of those versions had updates.

V1 - Was the stretched Sathanas version, there was a beta and final version of that one.

V2 - Was the R1 Gigas, the SCP Patch has another version of this ship with different maps and fixed lods.

V3 - The old 'R2' Gigas, is the one on the current site screenshots. This one originally broke the HTL map limit as it used 24 textures.

v4 - The unseen current version used in the next Inferno release.

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Hmmm...sort of, but there's still long break in froward section.
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

So you're saying that the current Gigas is so different that the entire shape has changed and is unrecognizable?
No as it's not 'totally different'
This one doesn't look like a big cylinder like the R1 version, and actually looks Shivan, but it still has a Rakshasa style split front.

Offline diceman111

Hmm well i am just going to use the old one just need something big that looks kinda shivan, figuerd the GTVA would get lucky for ones and find it being built.

Offline Dysko

I, too, am thinking of making a campaign using the Inferno mod (sorry for using your thread, diceman111, but I thought I couldn't start another thread with the same request...). You can find a description of my campaign at http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,20956.525.html, reply #547. I would ask what I should exactly have to write in the credits. Thanks ;).
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's best just to credit the Inferno Team. Giving a full credit list for each ship or weapon used would be a total pain.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Unless you extract the credits from the release you are using....which isn't all that hard IMHO.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah but that'll probably eclipse the credits for the people working on his campaign specifically (unless it's a massive team) so INF Team is fine.

Offline DarkShadow-

• Machina Terra
Hi Inferno Team,
I'm working on a small campaign (at least I hope this time I've the time and endurance to finish one ^^) using the INFERNO-files. Problem is that, for my campaign, I need to change some of the weapon specifications (range, damage, etc). Tried to open the vp-files using QuickVP (didn't find a working download link for VP Mage 8.0), but I'm just getting some cryptic symbols. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or if QuickVP isn't able to open the file?

If possible, could you just send me the weapons.tbl of INFERNO so I can make the small changes simply using notepad? Whatever, just do it if you want to and can spare the time, it's more important that you finish Release 2 before Duke Nukem Forever is done ;)
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, isn't 'Eureka!' but rather 'hmm....that's funny.'" Isaac Asimov

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I've never heard of QuickVP so I don't know how stable it is. The old classic VPView will extract them with no problems.

Offline DarkShadow-

• Machina Terra
Thx a lot. After some minutes of searching around I found VPview, and it's working just fine.
QuickVP was the first VP-viewer I found using Google. Whatever, the only VP-file it was able to open has been the root_fs2.vp, and that kinda like an word-document, so it's of no use anymore.

One last question:
In the INF_GTVA_CH1.vp (old INF release 1, the one still containing this EA Supercapital), the weapons.tbl is imported six times. Is that important, or does it work changing one of them and deleting the others?
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, isn't 'Eureka!' but rather 'hmm....that's funny.'" Isaac Asimov

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
there should only be one weapons.tbl in that file.

Offline DarkShadow-

• Machina Terra
Ok, the old files don't work with FS2 SCP's FRED anyway, using the actual ones. Thought the Ancient ships had been removed in the new ones (don't ask me how I got that idea O_o), that's why I did try to use the old files instead of the ones included in SCP update.
Whatever, the actual ones are working and I've already started changing the weapons to my pleasure (easier than I thought ^^). Thx for the help.