Author Topic: Ships  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
I've played Freespace2 from the beginning and have been recording ship data, squadron data and character data. But it seems that particular ships are not revealed unless you use the FSM editor to view the ships in that Fs2 mission. Is there any reason for these ships not being specified in the missions as you play? On another note I was playing sm2-04 and the command briefing states that the GVD Hedetet and the GTC Unut appear at the blockade, and the typhoon destroyer Hedetet only seems to appear. Please explain. Last of all, a feature that my brother just mentioned to me today and think some people would not have noticed, during mission briefings you can click on the object icons (ships, etc) on the map and they come up with what type of ship it is; now I've had the game for about 2.5 years and that came a surprise to me: so that was awesome.

------------------
Max
Flash Developer
Ps6 Beginner

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
some of the ships where left over from fs1, some ships didn't seem as obvious. That covers the models, as for specific ships, its either what happened when you weren't in the mission (you dont fight the whole war), or else its just a simple screw up on interplay's part.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The Unut appears in that mission along with the York if the Hedetet is destroyed, but that almost never happens.

A few things that were meant to happen in the missions never seem to occur. (the sm1-07 and sm2-05 are good examples of this)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by Max:
during mission briefings you can click on the object icons (ships, etc) on the map and they come up with what type of ship it is; now I've had the game for about 2.5 years and that came a surprise to me: so that was awesome.

yeah lol, woomeister told me about that a few days ago, man I felt dumb  
SCREW CANON!

Well, some of the ships are from FS1, some of them you have to play the SOC loops to get (the Ares and Artemis D.H.)  

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
FreeSpace Forum, guys  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.