Author Topic: Converting mve to avi  (Read 1546 times)

Converting mve to avi
I've been trying to get the cutscenes working in fs2_open. At first i went looking for a place where i could download them however every link i found was dead or contained the full game and not just the cutscenes. In the end i decided to convert the cutscenes from my original discs.

I've been using http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karajorma/FAQ/intro.html as a guide. I ripped the mve to an uncompressed avi no problem. I can play the file perfectly in wmp and in fs2_open however its 700megs so it needs to be compressed. I'm using virtualdub to compress the file. I'm trying to use either the xvid or divx codecs as they have a very good compression ratio and encoding time. The file that virtualdub produces when using divx/xvid for compression plays fine in windows media player and some other video players i have installed. However when i try to play the file in fs2_open only the first few seconds of the video are played, after that i just get a blank screen but the audio is still playing. The video seems to blank just at a big scene change.

Does anyone know either a valid link where i can d/l the cutscenes, or a fix to get divx/xvid working?
Thanks for the help