Author Topic: Tech Help in Revenge FC Needed  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Tech Help in Revenge FC Needed
On mission 65 of the Revenge: Final Conflict campaign, I get this error:

Error: Invalid ship type.

In sexpression: ( ship-type-destroyed 60 "escape pod" )
(Error appears to be: escape pod)
File:D:\C++\Freespace\Release\fs2_open\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 5349
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using Kara's May 9th build when I get this error.  I also tried Kara's May 17th build, Taylor's Y-targeting bug fix build, and the 3.6.9 RC3 build.  All the errors I get reference the same escape pod, just in different forms.

Any ideas?
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Shade

Re: Tech Help in Revenge FC Needed
Not familiar with the campaign, but if it's not using mods, "escape pod" should be "escapepod", with no space. Try changing that in FRED and see if it helps. If it does, it's simply a mission design problem.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Tyrian

Thanks, will try it.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's actually a bug in the SCP, not the mission.

EDIT: I just fixed it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 07:38:59 pm by Goober5000 »

Offline Tyrian

Lol, you fixed it?  I just fixed to by changing "escape pod" to "escapepod."  So which is it then?  SCP bug or Revenge FC bug?

Sig rising...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I know, Shade already posted that.  As I said, it's a SCP bug.  The spelling got changed from retail when it shouldn't have.

Offline Tyrian

Ah, I see.  Well, it's fixed either way now.  Thanks for the help!

Sig rising...