Author Topic: bug with the 3.3 patch  (Read 2082 times)

bug with the 3.3 patch
ok, i have been having problems getting this game to run, and have managed to track the problem down to the 3.2 -> 3.3 patch

uh, ok, general information... uh, well, im not exactly sure what you need, but im running windows XP home, and dont have any space problems.

here is the debug information i have

Code: [Select]
Error: Error parsing 'ships.tbl'
Error code = 1.

File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Ship\Ship.cpp
Line: 3033

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

well, thanks in advance!

oh, and i just read the thread here http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39708.0.html

it mentions the error there, but i have not modified the location where the executable is, i am using the default location
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 06:51:13 am by UltraMagnus »

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Re: bug with the 3.3 patch
Well, it's a parsing error, nothing serious.

Have you applied the 3.3a patch ? If yes, what build are you using ?

Might be an older build, while you're trying to use the newer table with turret angle setups.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

i have tried it both with and without the 3.3a patch, and downloaded all the files today.

as i have said, i left the settings to the default build on both attempts

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Have you re-read step 5 on the page you linked to? I suspect that is your problem. You're using a build from this year but the tables are only compatible with the builds from last year.

Step 5 on that page explains what's going on in a bit more detail as well as explaining what you can do about it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

ok yeah, your right, changing the build did fix my problem

you really should explain all this on the downloads page heh, would make peoples life a whole lot simpler....