Author Topic: HLP Card Game  (Read 16401 times)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Since so many people want a Carl card, here it is by popular demand.  (Please don't kill me if it isn't accurate.)

1.)  Carl

2.)  Skill -- 6, Knowledge -- 6, Power -- 12

3.)  12

4.)  A Shivan, of course.  (If you know how to use Photoshop, throw a brown bag lunch in next to him.)

5.)  Something in the scheme of red and black.

6.)  Carl is HLP's resident tame Shivan, who loves lunches.  He spends his time lurking in the air ducts, waiting for ignorant noobs to enter his domain.  The only known way to avoid Carl is to throw him a lunch, back away slowly, and pray he's hungry.

7.)  Air Duct Defender -- Since Carl hides in the air ducts, all cards who attack him must enter them.  Automatically does 2 damage to all attackers.
Shivan Beam Cannon -- Carl does 8 damage to selected card.  Ignore all defender's abilities.  May only be used once per game.
Shivan Combat Armor -- All damage done to Carl is reduced by 2.

And here is the associated Lunch card:

Lunch -- Carl is unable to attack for one turn.  Discard after use.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 11:39:01 am by Tyrian »
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

one problem: when you give Carl a lunch, you WANT him to be hungry

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Fixed.  And caught a couple of outher typos too.  Thanks.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Tyrian,Turey.. I sometimes confuse you... :)

Where's Revenant? I'm 2-10 and I want my card updated!

:D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
I am putting the game on hold due to school.  If anyone else has a Mac, I'l email you the keynote file.

Offline Iron Wolf

• Shzam!
Hmm, lemme find some pics, and i'll see what I can do!
Come on now, be honest. Wouldn't you all rather listen to your hairdressers than Hercules? Or Horatius? Or Orpheus? All those old bores! people so lofty they sound as if they s**t marble! - Mozart, Amadeus

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
It is important that the work is done on a mac, for AFAIK the conversion to a power point file would **** up the cards.

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
1.)  Trayus

2.)  Skill -- 6, Knowledge -- 8, Power -- 2

3.)  8

4.) 

5.)  Indigo and black.

6.)  Always a shy one, Trayus came to HLP after one year of watching.  Sad but hopeful, Trayus tends to be extremely naive, believing almost anything he's told, as long as it's not truely ridiculous.  For this reason, he generally avoids contact with the general discussion boards.  He is quite fearful of admins, or any high authority on HLP.

7.)  Angel Of Tears--Trayus' personalized laser magnum does 4 damage to selected card.  Personal shielding or ablative armor nullifies 75% of damage.  Admins, Hyper-Intelligent Shades of Blue, and Shivans are immune.

Flamewar Fear--Trayus is a wuss in heated debates.  The presence of one forces him to flee in terror no less than 200 feet and imposes a -1 power penalty for one round.

Asperger's Mind--Trayus has Asperger's Syndrome.  Anyone trying to psychically peer into Trayus' mind will be paralyzed for one round and suffer a -1 power penalty for one round.