Author Topic: HLP Card Game  (Read 16394 times)

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
regarding nght-1r's card is there going to be a kazan character card
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Only if anyone chooses to write "kazan" in the name field rather than his/her own name.  I never said you couldn't impersonate anyone!

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
@Dark RevenantX:  Fixed my stats.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
1. Representative Name - Star Dragon (my original name)

2. Skill / Knowledge / Power - skill beats knowledge, knowledge beats power, power beats skill.  -=REFER TO THE VALUE GUIDE=-  skill - 6 / Knowledge - 4 / Power - 10 (please adjust relative to ones posted if too high or low)

3. Power of Two of your Post Count - this MUST be true.  10 & 10 ?(I have 2 post counts on HLP same rating: 1434 and 1280) So are they allowed to be combined?

4. Representative Picture - If the green backgound or size is a problem let me know I'll try a diff pic

5. Representative Colors - in order of dominance: Red/Blue/Silver

6. Description of Yourself -  the description must be under 300 words. - Sometimes man, sometimes machine. No one is quite sure how this "Elite Super Robot Pilot" came to HLP (Presumably through an unstable node).  Regardless of his origins, he is here now and fights against even hopeless odds to keep the board free from "evil doers".

7. 1 to 3 Special Attributes - (1) Anime Physics: Able to make Attacks or Manuevers even in "impossible" situations.  (2) Fearless: Cannot be routed or intimidated.  (3)  Power of Passion: Each time is defeated gains +1 to attribute that caused the defeat. Once victory is attained value resets to default until next conflict.

Hope I did that right...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
The post counts can be combined to 2714.  2714 = 2^11

It gets increasingly difficult to get higher powers, unfortunately.  However, letting one of your attributes go higher to reach your max limit (in this case 11) can be very useful.  I suggest increasing your knowledge and power by 1.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I was delayed, and then I couldn't get onto HLP for a couple days, sorry for the tardiness, but I edited my "card" post to have the picture in it.  :)
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
cool, I was thinking only one stat at a time.

Say opponent A beats my card with power, so next time card is used it gains +1 power token

Next opponent is knowledge, then +1 added...

That way the bonuses for getting ass kicked keep climbing at a reasonable level till a "break point" reached.

Say opponent C finally lost. then all my card's values immediately return to defualt settings (and the exhausted pilot  chugs down a nice cold  Coke [it's the real thing!] :D

I wouldn't want it to be overpowered by having 2 stats increased from same battle.

[EDIT] Never mind I just reread you post and see that I misunderstood it..

You simply meant defualt stat change of Skill - 6 / Knowledge - 5 / Power - 11
(I put my highest as power cause it is a combat card, skill it there but outstripped by power, and knowlege is lacking so he needs support/Intelligence cards backing him up

Gotcha!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 05:10:34 pm by Getter Robo G »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Ulala

I'm starting to wonder if I did my attributes right, they don't look like some of the others I've read. Did a screw up?
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
As of right now the combat is going to be based off of a single die roll.

Step one: both players declare their attribute that they use (must be at EXACTLY the same time to be valid)

Step two: both players roll two six-sided dice each (four dice rolled in total).

Step three: if both players used the same attribute, skip this step.  If not, find who has the least dominant attribute.  That person must half his/her dice roll value (rounding down).

Step four: add your attribute's value to the current dice roll value

Step five: find the difference of the values, and remove that number from that card's life (the # at the top right of the card)

Example:

1: Bob (8 life, 4 skill, 6 knowledge, 6 power) is attacking Charlie (10 life, 7 skill, 9 knowledge, 4 power)  Bob chooses skill (very foolish move) and Charlie chooses knowledge (very predictable).

2: Bob rolls a 10 and Charlie a 5

3: Skill beats Knowledge, therefore Charlie's dice roll gets halved.  He now has a roll value of 2.

4: Bob has a total roll of 14 and Charlie has an 11 (the really high knowledge saved him).

5: The difference is 3.  Charlie gets 3 minor damage tokens (major damage tokens count as 5 damage each)

Bob ends his turn.  All of his cards heal one damage if they are below 50% of their max health (rounding down)

I have still yet to decide how attacking and blocking will be handled.  I am currently leaning toward the MTG-style blocking and attacking model (the attacker simply taps the card and declares "<BLAH> is attacking" and the defender chooses the blocker).  I may allow a group battle for cards if it will work.

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
woo now i'm seven please add +1 power and skill
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
As of right now the combat is going to be based off of a single die roll.

Step one: both players declare their attribute that they use (must be at EXACTLY the same time to be valid)

Step two: both players roll two six-sided dice each (four dice rolled in total).

Step three: if both players used the same attribute, skip this step.  If not, find who has the least dominant attribute.  That person must half his/her dice roll value (rounding down).

Step four: add your attribute's value to the current dice roll value

Step five: find the difference of the values, and remove that number from that card's life (the # at the top right of the card)

Example:

1: Bob (8 life, 4 skill, 6 knowledge, 6 power) is attacking Charlie (10 life, 7 skill, 9 knowledge, 4 power)  Bob chooses skill (very foolish move) and Charlie chooses knowledge (very predictable).

2: Bob rolls a 10 and Charlie a 5

3: Skill beats Knowledge, therefore Charlie's dice roll gets halved.  He now has a roll value of 2.

4: Bob has a total roll of 14 and Charlie has an 11 (the really high knowledge saved him).

5: The difference is 3.  Charlie gets 3 minor damage tokens (major damage tokens count as 5 damage each)

Bob ends his turn.  All of his cards heal one damage if they are below 50% of their max health (rounding down)

I have still yet to decide how attacking and blocking will be handled.  I am currently leaning toward the MTG-style blocking and attacking model (the attacker simply taps the card and declares "<BLAH> is attacking" and the defender chooses the blocker).  I may allow a group battle for cards if it will work.

Try to make it cooler...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
How could I make it "cooler" while retaining gameplay?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Add lightsabres.................. :nod:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
How about choosing what stat you want to use to attack with? Rather than the this beats that so half this bollocks? Also you want to add Pokomon style special rules for every character. Karajorma for instance is able to redirect one knowledge attack per game to his FAQ which fights on his behalf.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Aldo used bombard attack.
Target is bombarded with factoids and text and 'has a seizure.

@Aldo, nothing wrong with reference material :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Ulala

I think it's a great start.   :nod:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Make new cards...in ngtm r1's card,there was a reference to FRED.Make the FRED card then.Make campaign cards as challenges,like :lol: Aeos Affair :lol: where your knowledge,skill and power combine to win.Make offtopic cards,like "pizza"....
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
...Make offtopic cards,like "pizza"....

Just a suggestion. Why not use this kind of "off-topic" cards as one kind of "mana", like in Magic the Gathering the player needs a mana pool to throw cards into game and/or use their skills... Except instead of mana, our "mana" cards would consist of Pizza, Bosch Beer, Spacecrack, Coca-Cola, Mountain Dew and stuff like that... :p
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
...Make offtopic cards,like "pizza"....

Just a suggestion. Why not use this kind of "off-topic" cards as one kind of "mana", like in Magic the Gathering the player needs a mana pool to throw cards into game and/or use their skills... Except instead of mana, our "mana" cards would consist of Pizza, Bosch Beer, Spacecrack, Coca-Cola, Mountain Dew and stuff like that... :p

I know it perfectly.

Now put those cards,DRX.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
A lot of people have posted stats for their cards.  When can we see those new cards?
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...