Author Topic: Characters for Freespace Film/Series  (Read 1760 times)

Offline andystephens

• Spielberg he's not
Characters for Freespace Film/Series
Ok, so I was hammering away at typing the scripts when it suddenly hit me in the head very hard - I need to create Character profiles

Now what I am asking is, I need some characters for both Film and TV. Think of Commanders and Pilots and mechanics and anyone else. Provide background history, likes/dislikes and anything else you can think of

Thanks

Andy

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: Characters for Freespace Film/Series
You were typing scripts without creating characters?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline andystephens

• Spielberg he's not
Well what I was doing. putting CHAR 1, CHAR 2 etc. They are only rough drafts, but I want to work on the character profiles now

Names would be good too!!!!!!!!!

Offline Nuclear1

Well, if you can show us what you've got so far with the script, I'm sure we can find something for the characters. It goes without saying that we should avoid most stereotypes that military characters would entail (read: Slim Pickens).
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Cough, Commander Joeseph Dekker. Flight group leader or Marine commandant.

Rugged Carreer soldier/Pilot - TV war vet/or Grea war Vet (depending on timeframe..
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Both Admiral Petrarch, Bosch and Lt. Commander Snipes would be a must, they're the only characters that really developed in the game, well, that is if you're doing this at the time of fs2.

Offline Nuclear1

Cough, Commander Joeseph Dekker. Flight group leader or Marine commandant.

Rugged Carreer soldier/Pilot - TV war vet/or Grea war Vet (depending on timeframe..

Oh ho, aren't you fun--neh. :p
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Capt. Jeffrey Hans - a quiet man, forced by attrition to be promoted to squadron leader. In truth, he is incapable of the job, but does his best, and is well loved by his charges. Often found at the back of the room, quietly sipping his drink, he is the anti "Cult of the Ace," hero, but nevertheless is a reasonably skilled pilot. After almost three years of constant warfare, however, his kind soul is beginning to turn inwards, as he gets more and more reclusive from the outside world. His only hope is to be transferred home before he breaks down; a fate that seems farther and farther away every day.

I'm tired as hell, so I just banged that out. Hope it helps.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
the mysterious Alpha 1....hero of both great wars...

we never see alpha 1, but he is always there to save the day, yet again, when command drops the ball
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline andystephens

• Spielberg he's not
Ok, I have started the TV series script about 3/4 of the way through the T-V War. This will enable viewers to come up to speed with what has happened and what is happening at present. We can then bring in the Shivans and expand the storyline from there

The First series (Which I have almost completed) is based on this war, but there are random attacks from the shivans (Which no-one will know about till series 2). That will hopefully keep the people watching to see what this mysterious threat is!!!

I hope this helps with the title creation/character creation

Andy

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
In that case, Admiral Wolf and the Crazy rebel GTI dude who nicks the Avenger Prototypes should be in it...
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png