Author Topic: VP Making Software  (Read 2111 times)

Hi, ive been looking all over the internet nut i just cant find a freespace 2 vp creater, can any help me? Thanks!  :yes:

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Kara's FAQ has a rather nice 'Tools' page that, you guessed it, gives you all the tools you'll ever need for FS.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Man i was gonna link to the K-FAQ, but you beat me to it.........
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Unfortunately apart from Polonius I never got around to updating the links for VP software and in the end removed them all.

I'll go hunting next time I update. Till then I think you'll need to search the forum for VPMage or something.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Wait, it doesn't have a VP constructor suite? Damn Kara, way to drop the ball... *shakes head in disappointment*

VPMage I use myself. Takes a few minutes to understand using it but works really well.

The thing I find funny about it is that my computer doesn't know what version the program is. It lists it as version 0.?  :lol:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Wait, it doesn't have a VP constructor suite? Damn Kara, way to drop the ball... *shakes head in disappointment*

Like I said I had links but they all died. I'll get around to uploading stuff when I next update. When I'll find the time for that is another matter though. I've got a big list of things that need adding and changing as it is.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
If you use VPCS, be sure to use the older 1.0 version. 2.0 has bugs that cause it to make corrupt VPs in some situations.

Where can i downlaod VP mage?

Grrrr the download link in the Wiki is non-functional. I'll see if I can find another link...
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
VPMage I use myself. Takes a few minutes to understand using it but works really well.

The thing I find funny about it is that my computer doesn't know what version the program is. It lists it as version 0.?  :lol:

The latest version is 0.8, but before that I didn't use version numbers because I didn't make any official releases. On the plus side, it's probably the one that I've been making the mediaVPs with, which is pretty much rock-solid for ordinary directory->VP conversion.
-C

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
Does that version fix the bug where the process stays in memory even after you quit?  If so the only version I found a link to is old.  Other than that, yes it is quite solid and useful.

A new link would be appreciated.  I did a search; just about every place that said it has it was a forum file attachment, which is gone now.  :sigh:

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
If you use VPCS, be sure to use the older 1.0 version. 2.0 has bugs that cause it to make corrupt VPs in some situations.

it doesn't help that nobody told me this
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Well, you haven't been around much until very recently. :p Basically, if you put files inside nested directories (like sounds\8b22k), the program tends to mess up with all the files that come after that. Another minor issue is that the "add files" and "add directories" menu commands are switched around and do the opposite things.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
ok
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Does that version fix the bug where the process stays in memory even after you quit?  If so the only version I found a link to is old.  Other than that, yes it is quite solid and useful.

A new link would be appreciated.  I did a search; just about every place that said it has it was a forum file attachment, which is gone now.  :sigh:

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/temp/wmc/vpmage.zip

Bug probably not fixed, I never did figure out the cause of it exactly, before I moved on to Polonius.
-C