Author Topic: Bloodfang heavy fighter  (Read 6492 times)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Bloodfang heavy fighter
Here is another newsflash for you people waiting for the game. This time it's an ingame shot of the bloodfang heavy fighter (you will learn to fear him :) ), which will be featured in the main-campaign. Our new member Scooby Doo has finished UV-Mapping it recently and putting this final version into the game.

Background : The Kilrathi are a warrior race in every sense. Born on an inhospitable and harsh planet and decended from primative and ferocious predators, killing is second nature to the Kats. In their psychology and in their religion, battle is the way of life and the path to glory. The Bloodfang represents one of the the deadliest creations of Kilrathi science, a deadly weapon to be wielded by a noble warrior who has proven himself in combat against the enemy. It's presence spells doom to those who oppose it.

Starman
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Re: Bloodfang heavy fighter
Nice. Can't wait to relive the glory days by blasting teh kats out of the sky!

Offline Dishwasher

• Diplomat Extraordinaire
I love the big shiny behind of the bloodfang.. they are ow sow easy to put down when you are flying an arrow :)
Live is Unfair, Kill yourself or get over it.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I love the big shiny behind of the bloodfang..

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. But while looking at the back of the models, I notice that in this screenshot there are no engine trails visible :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Sphynx

I'm a little confused too. I think he is saying he likes the tail portion of the fighter because it is large and an easy target. Perhaps he is confusing the Bloodfang with another figher, like the Sorthak or the Paktahn?

I can't remember if you ever get to face a Bloodfang in an Arrow, though (what did Blair fly in the mission where the Behemoth bit the dust? Was that an Arrow?)

As I recall, in that mission if you engaged Thrakhath you couldn't make it back to the carrier in time (but if you baited him, you could get him to follow you close to the carrier and I think he got shot down once or twice as I tried this, although it has been years and I cannot recall very well).
What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.

As I recall, in that mission if you engaged Thrakhath you couldn't make it back to the carrier in time (but if you baited him, you could get him to follow you close to the carrier and I think he got shot down once or twice as I tried this, although it has been years and I cannot recall very well).

I managed to several times!  The good thing about auto slide is you can get to afterburn speeds indefinitely so long as you only want to go in one direction. I dont know if you tried that but thats what I did.

Offline Dishwasher

Oh sorry got it messed up with that other big special ops Kilrathi fighter... that thing between a heavy fighter and a corvette

Offline Sphynx

Yup, that's the Sorthak. I nice big target, but watch out for those aft mounted turrets!

Offline Dishwasher

Sorthak Yes.. damnit for someone who owns 3 copy's of WCIII I should have remembered that.
I have been playing to much oblivion lately and oblivion has a serious shortage spaceships perhaps fallout 3 is gonna fix that..

Can you believe it.. fallout fans are gonna have a sequel I am so jealous of 'em.

I can't remember if you ever get to face a Bloodfang in an Arrow, though (what did Blair fly in the mission where the Behemoth bit the dust? Was that an Arrow?)

as far as i remeber you had an arrow/hellcat choice in thatmission

Offline Sphynx

I really can't remember, it's been so long! That sounds about right, I don't think you had anything heavier than a Hellcat, at the very least.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I really can't remember, it's been so long! That sounds about right, I don't think you had anything heavier than a Hellcat, at the very least.

That's right. Usually I was flying a Thunderbolt fighter. It may look ugly, but its firepower is deadly for fighters and smaller cap ships :D
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Dishwasher

I loved the looks of the thunderbolt.. excaliber is still my fav. though.. the looks of that thing are amazing.
Are we going to see Excaliber's in SAGA btw?

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Spoiler:
Yep :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Glad the hear that the excalibur is prob the best designed looking ship in the entire wing commander series.  Now it looks as though fixing the autoslide is easy enough (Ask Backslash) as it is already in game.  What about autotracking guns that are carried by the excalibur any progress on that front?

Damn Thats a fine looking ship any body else have some personal favorites design wise?

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Mh....Panther and Thunderbold. The Panther has this sleek design and is still compact. The Thud on the other side has this practical, blocky look. A big cockpit, left and right side weapons and some wings for the engine and missiles.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
My most favourite fighter will always be the piranha. I definitly like it's design.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
:nervous: Scimitar and Raptor..
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

That Thunderbolt just reminded me are turrents on fighters going to be operational?
Meaning can you jump in the gunner seat?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
no
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis