Author Topic: EVE Online Championship  (Read 4876 times)

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
EVE Online Championship
Anyone here paying attention to, following, or directly involved in the EVE Online championship? If you arent heres the link: http://myeve.eve-online.com/events/alliances/tournament/

The fourth round is on friday, starts at 15:00GMT, and you can watch the rounds through EVETV. Pretty cool show.
Anyone have any favorites or teams they want to see get knocked out?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: EVE Online Championship
Nuke Boob...uh...BoB. Yeah.

Actually since BLACK didn't send a team, ISS has been knocked out, and every other alliance I've encountered comes across as a bunch of retards, I want everyone to lose. Somebody superweapon the next match.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Seeing as the contestants are moved to a different region, and a titan must be in system with the target cyno to be activated... Not going to happen :p
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
'Twould be funny though ;)

I noticed some Corps were way too obsessed with killing the 'Big' ships first. I think a couple of losses were purely because everyone was firing at an Uber-tanked BS and ignoring the support ships that were aiding it.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
yeah, the effective order of attacking seems to be to take out the dictor asap, then the assfrig, then anything that can hold many drones or has support roles. Then the HAC/Recon followed by the command ship, or the battleship, depending on whichever is easiest.

AHTW

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
ye all hang arround sectorgame channel in eve ingame right?

I hate My signature!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Seeing as the contestants are moved to a different region, and a titan must be in system with the target cyno to be activated... Not going to happen :p

Yeah, but I still think that the best player event ever would crashing the championships and laying waste. So there. :p
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
ye all hang arround sectorgame channel in eve ingame right?

Yup, I'm usually lurking around there when I'm on :)

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War

Yeah, but I still think that the best player event ever would crashing the championships and laying waste. So there. :p

There was some event going on in the forums where a Serp officer was challenged to a duel by an angel officer or something in serpentis prime, and people blobbed the **** out of it and got raped by the npc fleet there to maintain discipline. I want to say this was like 3 weeks ago.

AHTW

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Hmmm... according to ASCN, the moment the final Inty match started, he was spammed with Convo requests which locked up his client. I hope that wasn't the case.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
CCP will have the logs if that was the case... Did it come down to inty vs inty? I wasn't watching >_>

AHTW

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yup, Bob were unable to break ASCN's tank in the Final and ASCN were unable to get near Bob because they were fielding a Huginn with Webs, so it all boiled down to an Inty duel as a decider.

Apparently BOTH sides were convo-spammed, so it was a 3rd party that was doing it.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
The final match, ASCN tanked everything Bob was doing.  However, bob's Huginn would web anything that got close since ASCN was just flying short range, all Gallente too.  Eventually it went into a duel setup.

It was Standard Missile Crow (Gunstar Zero, BoB) vs. Rocket Crow (Mr Fix, ASCN).  They both got convo spammed, but Fix's client locked up and therefore he couldn't move.  Contrary to popular belief, Mr Fix only had a single railgun fitted (3x RL II, 1x 125mm II), but whenever you fit a turret it shows two gun models, which is why people thought he fit two guns on a missile ship.

edit: damn you flip, beat me by 17 seconds.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
:lol: Well, you gave a more detailed account ;)

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
I was hoping ASCN would pull it off. It was a really boring final match, and we were all wondering what the hell that ASCN crow was doing. I think Lemonde should have had BoB and ASCN call it, flip a coin and determine the winner.
I was fighting for Smash Alliance... besides Bob's victory we were the only ones to break ASCNs armor tank... however we got taken down in the first round of the finals anyway... loads of fun nonetheless. Now back to the isk prisons they call dreadnoughts.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It's odd because even I've heard of Mr Fix, and the moment I saw him enter the field I thought 'OMG! ASCN are going to win!', it's a pity that it will always be a matter of doubt about the outcome now, thanks to a few morons :(

Cool that you were figthing Descent, if I'd known you were there, I'd have rooted for you :)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Basically he was being talked about in the local in Ours, some guys were having a discussion about Interceptors, and his name was bought up, as apparently he's got over 1000 kills in his Inty.

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
I hate to see Bob win because of a cheap ceptor fight. Probably if they put them in noob ships and sent them it would have been more interesting, or even assault ships. Bob could have beaten ASCN if they had used torps instead of cruise... we barely beat ASCN but only because we smacked their Eris with 7 torps of his least resistant damage type and slowly chipped away at his structure each volley. Bob did come close a few times, but ASCN just had no offensive capability in that fight.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Thing was, neither team was prepared to give an inch, ASCN could probably have done a lot more damage if they'd have been able to get in close, but they simply weren't going to risk that with the Huginn flying around with Webs that work at ridiculous distances, Admittedly, had they moved forward as a block, it might have worked, but one mistake would have left them to be picked off, so I think they decided to just sit it out and take it to the duel. Personally, I don't think an Inty duel was the best way of deciding it, Velator duel would have been fun, admittedly, but I suspect no matter how they decided to resolve it, it wouldn't have sat well with one group or another.