Author Topic: "NextGen" Starwars game?  (Read 10637 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: "NextGen" Starwars game?
A Pre-vis isnt a working engine though, its like storyboarding a movie, That videos probably just a rendered rendition of how it would hopefully look.  :nervous:

Not that thats a bad thing, i mean, If it comes out looking like that, I will be Very happy...........
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Damn, I feel sorry for that last stormtrooper they showed before getting flung into the TIE fighter.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
If it's just a tech demo then the chances are that they were simply testing all the powers and weren't concerning themselves with Light or Dark side, just showing what could be done, and Stormtroopers were probably used because you only have to use one model for all of them :)

Great demo, but I too actually felt sorry for that last Stormtrooper.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 07:01:34 pm by Flipside »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
7/9 developer desktops here in the office are FC4 or FC5, and our entire $100k server cluster is running a customized FC5

Nobody's perfect.

Back on the subject at hand: Mr. Stormie Man could have just shot his commander instead of going up against a Jedi. Would have been much better all the way around.

The whole "lightning is bad!" thing has always bugged me to some extent, since pretty much it only got that way because the Emperor used it and so it's bad by association. There are some powers that are obviously too destructive and/or nasty to be lightside, but lightning really isn't one of them.

Besides, even if it is an inherently darkside power, I beat Jedi Knight and KotOR with Lightning in my reptoire of basic Force stuff, and I did both light side. :p

Besides, those Dark Jedi are never trustworthy. They'll take a run at anybody if they think they can win.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Seems the video was taken down. If anyone finds a working alternative, let us know. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Oh yeah, it got taken down because it was on a site that wasn't for members only. :lol:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Dammit! IF I had know I would have tried to have it.  Leaving it up for more exposure (even if no details or even admitting to it) would have generated evenmore buzz and anticipation. (idiots)

I had high hopes for Empire at War, but upon demo it's just a copy of Force Comander with some new features... MEh...

I'll stick to Battlefront II, I picked up Kotor2 not logn ago, nice.  "I'm not sith, but I'm no Jedi either so if you knew what was good for you wouldn't waste your time thinking about it and make yourself scarce..." :D

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
*sithFTW* Empire @ War seems good, any comments people?, I've not tried it yet, not even a demo....
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
*sithFTW* Empire @ War seems good, any comments people?, I've not tried it yet, not even a demo....

Metacritic gave it a 79. The user reviews were generally higher. I played the demo. It has a slight learning curve, but I enjoyed it.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Seems the video was taken down. If anyone finds a working alternative, let us know. :)

this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6FbhqCnOvs

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Danke.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Coo... looking funky. I hope something like that comes out on the PC as - quite frankly - I hate using consoles.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I'm hoping that the Wii will mean I never have to play a PC game again, to be honest.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
I wish that would be how Kotor3 looks like but i guess it never happens and i don't think there will never be another Kotor /cry
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I'm hoping that the Wii will mean I never have to play a PC game again, to be honest.

Well if you Wii on your computer then yes, you can garuntee that.

(sorry :p)

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I wish that would be how Kotor3 looks like but i guess it never happens and i don't think there will never be another Kotor /cry

Well, if there is a Kotor 3, the engine will surely be the latest Unreal Engine (the 3.0) like Mass Effect (a Bioware RPG for X360).

About the Star Wars Next Gen, I read it was at E3 in close room, so that's why nobody have talked about it.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
KOTOR 3 is being developed by Obsidion.

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
KOTOR 3 is being developed by Obsidion.

Has the game been announced, or is this just speculation?

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
What about Fallout3 and Bethesda - what's happening there?

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
That video looks interesting...But did anyone else notice that the Jedi featured never used their lightsaber?  (At least to hit a Stormtrooper...)
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...