Author Topic: Inferno SCP Storyline  (Read 35014 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Inferno SCP Storyline
 :nervous: Okay... It took a lot of courage to actually sit down and type this here, and I bet lots of people are going to brand me as a heretic, but here goes:

INF SCP storyline seems kind of lacking, compared to the old INF storyline, which involved a new species, Ancients, two other uber capital ships more powerful than the Gargant (I did some research into the old threads around here), just to name a few. However, the new storyline, seems a little basic. Really, it just seems like the FS1 storyline again, in the sence that there are simply 2 factions (GTVA and EA) fighting each other, Shivans come, make peace, beat Shivans. However, I compared this to the old plot and I found that I was disappointed. Woomeister mentioned that the SH Gargant wouldn't even be used. Although this may have changed, I still don't see the real storyline. It all seems like just some futile struggle against the Shivans. I don't really know much about the old storyline, but generally, any FS2 MOD that has a new species in it is always something different. But the new storyline, of no Vasudan rebellion, no new species, no Ancients, etc. just seems... Lower than that of the original Inferno plot. I was just wondering if you would concider making it any less basic than it currently is?  :nervous:

Lots of people are obviously going to get extremely agry about this and I understand. A few weeks ago, and someone posted this I would probably be a bit annoyed. It's actually kind of funny that I spent my first post critisizing my favourite FS2 Campaign of all time. Sorry if this was a waste of time, but it was something that was bothering me these past few days, ever since I heard that the Gargant wasn't being used (back when I was a lurker), I tried researching and I found a real interesting storyline to the original planned Inferno.

Sorry about some VERY repetitive messages in this first post, and I probably got some people annoyed, but it was just something I HAD to say. And by the way, Inferno R1 was definately my favourite FS2 Campaign EVAR, and it is a little ironic that this was my first post.

Please do not be angry at the n00b.  :nervous:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Inferno SCP Storyline
The overall story of INF SCP is the same as the original R1 and R2 storylines. War between GTVA-EA, Shivans show up, make peace, beat Shivans. This hasn't changed. However the stuff that builds the storyline has changed. There's traitors on boths sides and a possibility of a Vasudan rebellion, though not of the same type as R1. Though the Vasudan stuff isn't really covered right now in what missions we've done so that may change.

The uber ships stuff was for R3 and R4 involving the Ancients and another race who act with the Shivans. Your not missing much there as they only had 2 ships, a fighter and a 150km warship. The Gargant featured in these chapters, since this idea was dropped the Gargant has nothing to do right now so its future is undecided. If I decide not to use it it'll be released as an additional mod.

The Ancients are being developed as a seperate addon, with what I think is a far better storyline for them. There's no joining the Ancients to beat back the Shivan incursion that happens in this storyline, well the Shivans aren't too interested in the GTVA in this one...except for the Icanus...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oh... Okay then. Thanks for the quick reply. Nice to know that we will get to see the SH Gargant. What were the *******'s names? And also, can we have a screenshot of the 150km ship? Or do you not want to show it? :)

BTW, I heard that the big ship and weaponry check was coming in to place.  Does this mean that INF SCP needs only testing before it's done? Thanks.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I still don't want to give the name and I don't have the models anymore to take shots of.

No INF SCP isn't near testing. Inferno Alliance is in internal testing however.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oh, so the 150km ship is deleted? Bah whatever. Can't wait for INF Alliance either. Thanks.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It wasn't that great a ship so your not missing much. It wouldn't work well in modern SCP most likely.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Begin plasma core insertion, gunnery control, open fire:

Welcome to HLP. Please keep all appendages within the installation at all times. Flamethrowers are located underneath all seats, however, due to the rising cost of oil, the ID / evolution debate (don't debate me on Whether or not there is a debate),V, and the meaning of life, the napalm has been replaced with Holy Water. Plasma rifles are located in the weapons locker, but only Admins,V, or a hyper-intelligent shade of blue have access to these areas. If you meet a Shivan in the ductwork it is most likely Carl, give him your lunch and back away slowly, odds are good you'll be fine. Recommend reading includes Karajorma's Freespace FAQ for general questions, and The Freespace Wiki for specific issues and questions.

18th kill. :)

Now that's done. HERETIC, BURN HIM!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
 :( I knew this would happen. Seen it a hundred times on the INF forums. Whoever says anything that is against Inferno is burnt at the stake...  :shaking:

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I'm not being serious, you know.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Of course, that would be murder.  :lol:

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Uhhh.... What would you DO with a 150KM ship?  :wtf: :confused:

I mean either it would crush us all, or we'd kill it, and killing a 150Km ship seems a bit ludicrous.

C'mon, a 150Km ship? I'm having a hard enough time getting the Icanus to cooperate in FRED!

(I want the Icanus to appear in front of the Knossos, but the warp forms on the bow of the ship, and if that is placed behind the Knossos, then the Knossos gets dragged along with it!)

"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
150km are used as background props. You wouldn't of be fighting them are be asked to destroy them.

Uh the Knossos is tiny so nothing bigger than the Sathanas can pass through it. You need a bigger one.

You don't need to worry about 150km ships anyway since we don't have any in INF SCP and don't plan to either.

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Good.

Anyway, a 150KM ship wouldn't fit in a jump node  :lol:

I can see it now... "Sir, we don't fit!"

Captain :  :eek2:  :hopping:

:lol:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You know, that always happens around here. The SSJ Gigas, the Gargant and Icanus can't fit through the Melia (Sol Gate). It's like somekind of mystery about how the Gigas and Icanus are going to meet if the Icanus can't exit and the Gigas can't enter. Also, not having that third species is actually kind of a blessing as having an entire species with only 4 ships is kind of lame, huh :p. Oh, and Woo, do the Terrans still have the biggest fleet (not EA, or else obviously they would have the most), because the Terrans always having the biggest fleet was kind of annoying (another thing that is annoying is me :nervous: ).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Gigas has to find another way into the system.

The GTVA has the largest fleet, that's both Terran and Vasudan combined.

Well I think it's safe to say that the Shivans have the biggest fleet, unless you mean classes of ship? And if you do, well, Humans are a very diverse race.

Now, what else floats in water?

A duck!

If... she... weighs... the same as a duck,... she's made of wood.

Ohh! Ohh! Burn the witch! Burn the witch! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her!

Um, him.

Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Quote from: Woomeister

Does that involve those mysterious dissappearing nodes from the FS1 cutscenes?

And I humbly take back my ruling on fleet sizes.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Uh oh, delta serpentis was supposedly the only way into sol...

Ummmm... Same thing that the Odin does? Stabilize temp jump nodes?  :eek: Then it can go anywhere!  :shaking:

We're dooooomed!  :eek2:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Quote from: Woomeister

Does that involve those mysterious dissappearing nodes from the FS1 cutscenes?
No, DS is the only node leading to Sol.