Author Topic: icculus.org build error  (Read 1877 times)

icculus.org build error
Hi folks,

I've checked out the icculus.org version. I've opened in Xcode the project, and set to compile fs1, but I get a error with jam (/Developer/Private/jam), exit code 1. I've a brand new MacBook Pro, so I think I have the latest versions.

Does anyone know this error, or know to fix it?
Thanks.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: icculus.org build error
I'm not really up to date on jam, but I don't think it is actually a GNU make replacement.  I could be wrong about that though.  Try and use GNU make instead and see if that helps at all.  I have never used the Xcode projects that are in icculus.org CVS, I made my own, so I'm not really sure how they are set up.

Either way there should be more to the error than just "exit code 1" though, what else does it say?

I have no more information about jam. I've tried to build with make at this time, but I get an error on SDL.h. I've installed the SDL disk image (SDL-1.2.11.dmg)

Code: [Select]
make: sdl-config: Command not found
g++ -c -o src/anim/animplay.o src/anim/animplay.cpp -Wall -g -DPLAT_UNIX  -Iinclude/  -fsigned-char -Wno-format-y2k -DMACOSX=1 -I/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers -I/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers -DMAKE_FS1 -DRELEASE_REAL
In file included from include/pstypes.h:267,
                 from include/animplay.h:101,
                 from src/anim/animplay.cpp:198:
include/unix.h:9:17: error: SDL.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [src/anim/animplay.o] Error 1

Don't know what is normally in those dmg files. You should look into the file, if SDL.h is included. If it is, then it's not in one of the include directories parsed to GCC by the -I option. If you are using xcode you should be able to add the include path where your SDL includes reside.