Author Topic: S:AH Still SCP Possible?  (Read 2763 times)

S:AH Still SCP Possible?
Ok after someone pointed out my stupidness I got Inferno with SCP working, now I'm wondering is S:AH still possible with the SCP? I got the tabel fixes and setup the mod.ini file but I'm having the problem somoene else had posted about earlier ( http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,40354.0.html ):

Error: Could not load in main hall mask '2_MainScreen-M'!
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open_3_6_9\code\MenuUI\MainHallMenu.cpp
Line: 1086
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

The problem didn't appear to be answered fully in that post so I was wondering unless something has changed if someone could please answer it this time.

Offline neoterran

Re: S:AH Still SCP Possible?
you need : Inferno, Inferno R1 Patch, Inferno R1 Shadow0000's patch, and Freespace port to be reference in order to play S:AH correctly. You can play it after that, but it still has really out of date planets.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Neoterran, did Shadow0000 release his Inferno patch?  I've just got R1 and the R1 SCP patch.

Offline neoterran

Yes, he did. It's in the Updating R1 thread in the Inferno forum. However, it's a little out of date now that the SCP's code has been changing and the links are probably dead since Fileh went down. Also he said he has an update for it and another update for SA:H... if you look in the Inferno forum in one of the SA:H threads he shows pictures of what his S:AH looks like with all new 32 bit color planets and it's awesome looking. But he never released it because it wasn't finished and he was "too busy"

A big shame
Chief Grognard.

It took the cvs 5.4 launcher to get his to work out properly but adding the fs1 port and adjusting the mod.ini appropriately worked :) I'm about halfway through S:AH

I envy you.... It sounds like a brilliant campaign but I never could get it to work.... :(
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

It shouldn't be hard to get it working.  Just put FSP, INF and the media vps in separate mod folders, and use a mod.ini that includes the line

secondrylist = ,Fsport3,Inferno_v1,Media_VPs;

(or similar, depending on your directory names) in your SAH mod folder.  These days you don't even really need the Inferno builds - Taylors multi_light runs INF and INF-derived campaigns/mods just fine.

I envy you.... It sounds like a brilliant campaign but I never could get it to work.... :(

It is incredibly well done, I enjoyed it a lot :) I believe I'm on the conclusion level for the last chapter right now.

Offline neoterran

Now if we can just get the planets and the weapons updated, and the sun, it would truly shine.

Shadow0000,  you're our only hope....
Chief Grognard.