Author Topic: freespace2 mission problem - bug?  (Read 1899 times)

freespace2 mission problem - bug?
so I downloaded the freeware version of freespace 2 a while ago and I've been playing it

Im on mission 21: "A Game of TAG" and I keep running into the same problem, I think my game is bugged

After you destroy a couple sets of enemy ships, theres supposed to be another bomber wing that jumps in and then you destroy it and the mission ends... in my mission the guy says "hostiles jumping in" but I can never target them and they never appear

Ive read walk throughs online and theyre just supposed to appear as normal...Ive played the mission probably 10 times and they show up on the left as Virgo [4] on the list to destroy, but they never show up as hostile targets...Ive even let the game wait for 10 minutes but still nothing

Walkthrough link: http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/t...ission15.shtml
The part where it says "Virgo wing with the 4 bombers will respawn once more" just doesnt happen in my game

Ive tried to use cheats to just by pass the mission but it doesnt seem possible to do so...I dont see any cheats for skip mission or complete mission

Has this happened to anyone else? any suggestions? kinda blows cause Im halfway through the game and I cant finish this mission because of what seems to be a bug

Offline X-29

Re: freespace2 mission problem - bug?
To skip the mission simply fail 5 times.  Attack your teammates or get killed 5 times in a row and an option to skip the mission should come up.

Alternatively, I believer you can download an update that fixes this bug.  What version are you running.

Personally I got the game from a torrent and immediately updated it with some of the links found here.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39499.0.html

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Lock on to 187eagle and X-29 and FIRE!!

:welcome:

Welcome to the HLPBB station! Exits are to you're right and left, and behind you too. There and flamethrowers under the seats, but we ran out of naplam so they are filled with holy water. You can try and club people with the non-working shotgun, and there are plasma guns in the weapon lockers, but the lockers can only be opened by an admin, :V: god, or a hyper-intellegent shade of blue. When you are maurading through the ventilation ducts, should you come across a Shivan named Carl, give him you're lunch, back away slowly, and he just might not eat you. or slice you open. Or shoot you with his beam cannon. Welcome to the HLPBB!!!!! Enjoy you're stay!!!

DOUBLE KILL!!!! :p

-------

There has been a problem with that. Virgo appears, but it's really far away and dosen't come any closer. You just gotta look around for them.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 10:26:39 pm by thesizzler »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's a SCP bug.  Download RC6.