Author Topic: Demo no work with SCP?  (Read 6089 times)

Demo no work with SCP?
Yea, just checking to make sure I'm not insane or something, is the BWO demo not supposed to work with the Sourcecode Project?

Re: Demo no work with SCP?
it work for me, but had couple problems with the weapons tbl.  but still work for me.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The debug .exe's cause problems for me, too.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yea, just checking to make sure I'm not insane or something, is the BWO demo not supposed to work with the Sourcecode Project?

That's probably not intentional.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
We released the BWO demo long before source code was a reality.  Its not something we've tested in a long while.  On the backburner is the idea that we may eventually produce a SCP upgraded version.  But we're focused on finishing the playtesting of the current set of missions, start putting together some proper test packages, and get this thing closer to being finished.

We've got some kickass HT&L models for all of our new ships as well.  We're not ready to show them yet and they need alot of work (re-turreting, re-texturing, etc.) but its coming along.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Hmm I thought so about the demo that it was pre-SCP.

it work for me, but had couple problems with the weapons tbl.  but still work for me.

How did you fix that, I appear to be having that difficulty as well.

Error: weapons.tbl(line 3690:
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Name:], found [$Shockwave Speed:         35]
in weapon: Cluster Bomb Baby.

File:C:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open_3_6_9\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 638
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Error: weapons.tbl(line 3690:
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Name:], found [$Shockwave Speed:         35]
in weapon: Cluster Bomb Baby.

File:C:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open_3_6_9\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 638
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:

Eck, I know that problem. It has been the thing that has killed 2 of my campaigns. :mad:

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
So what all is left to do before release? Just beta testing and fixing some models?

Edit: Also, I notice that this sub forum is much less active than the Inferno forum and thus it takes much more time to get a response :rolleyes:
They have more staff and bigger ships and eyecandy :)

We're secretive and work in the shadows.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I have to say I have higher hopes for BWO than Inferno, but that's (obviously) personal bias...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The campaign I'm most looking forward to is Inferno, second BWO, and third MT.

Offline bfobar

I can't remember all exactly I had to fix, but I've gotten just about every campaign including the BWO demo to work by judiciously hacking and correcting the ship and weapon .tbl files. BWO looks really sweet BTW.  :yes:

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I extracted the weapons table from the 3.6.7 media VPs and added the modified weapons from the BWO weapons table.  I substituted this weapons file for the original.  It works fine and I used it with 3.6.9 candidate 7 version of FS open.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hmm, could you attach that table? I can't do table editting but I know enough to know where to put it if I got the file.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Umm well I tried to play the demo but the game crashes every time ! Could this be a resulkt of the 3.6.7 i was using ....don ask me for the errors report cuz i aint got the demo installed anymore.

Anyway looking forward to the release of the campaign. I must say this has got to be one of the feew campaigns that has got mi atention for so long without even beeing released....! Must have something to do with the secrecy of it. So whatever you do dont tell us anything till the campaign is oficialy out. Gives me something to wait for.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, the BWO Demo doesn't work for me either.

The security here is a lot better than Inferno, Woo spills spoilers all over the place!!

Two of the table files need to be replaced, let me post the things Macfie sent:
with the ship and weapon's tables replaced with the attached files it should run fine on one of the latest SCP versions.

[attachment deleted by admin]