Author Topic: Auto Assault  (Read 3734 times)

Offline Descenter

• Gamers Rule, but so do Thoes Who Make Them
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
So... Who here's have played, or currently playing,  Auto Assault?

I did, up until about 2 weeks ago when my sub ran out.  On top of that I have college in about 2 weeks so i can't play much anymore,......unles i develope sleep apthenia.
"War is like playing a game of chess.  You move units on a field, and stratiegically try to weaken the opposing force, a sort of... elequent ballet.  Sure you might lose a few units,.... but, at times, it all part of the plan..."

"Most of the human race really don't give a damn.  Well I do, and I try to do something about it by giving a damn."

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I've never heard of it before, I assume no-one else likes it for some reason :confused:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
It's an MMORPG set in a Mad-Max style apocalyptic wasteland where you drive a car rather than run around as a little peep.  It's flopped horribly.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
The Mad Max bit made me check the site out, (www.autoassault.com) and it looks ok, I would always play a demo before buying a game at any point, I'd give AA a try. :)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Hmmmm, online Carmageddon TDR.................Without the zombies??
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Descenter

• Minecraft
    • Steam
The Mad Max bit made me check the site out, (www.autoassault.com) and it looks ok, I would always play a demo before buying a game at any point, I'd give AA a try. :)

For anybody interested heres the 14 day trial area:
https://secure.plaync.com/cgi-bin/free_trial.pl?partner=10

And here's the download area (WARNING** 2 GB download; Requires 10 GB free space on computer):
ftp://ftp.autoassault.com/client

Optional: if you do get this and join the game, And want to be in a good clan, AND are playing Human race, ask for a person by the alias of Vang, mention me (Descenter) and he'll let you into our clan we're running.
"War is like playing a game of chess.  You move units on a field, and stratiegically try to weaken the opposing force, a sort of... elequent ballet.  Sure you might lose a few units,.... but, at times, it all part of the plan..."

"Most of the human race really don't give a damn.  Well I do, and I try to do something about it by giving a damn."

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
10 GB?

FFS, what the hell are they doing with all that?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Descenter

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Well I can give you the file size for all files in my directory.

(everything that does not have a ".*" is a folder)

http://www.geocities.com/deacenter6/fsreport.html

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Oh it's Road Wars renamed :). I always liked the idea. Actually my favourite post-apocolyptic universe is probably Twilight 2000 if anyone remembers that. I don't think anyone ever made a decent game out of that one. Not surprised. We had to wait a bazillion years for a decent Call of Cthulhu game.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
I was really really hyped for this and managed to jump in the beta.
It was the worst thing I had ever played, the whole endeavour was dull as hell. I was expecting MMO Interstate '76. You sholud be bloody lucky. The combat consists of pointing in the general direction of something and holding left mouse, then let the algorithms do thier work.

It plays more like a fantasy RPG in cars, the quests are totally un-fun. Even the settings are dull. There's only one, sparse and slightly apocalyptic.

Let's not mention the down right ridiculousless of the slowdown, not latency, like the hugest performance problems I have ever witnessed in a game.

I hated it, played it for hours and hours trying to get to something good throughout the whole weekend. It was awful.

Avoid Auto Assaut like the ****ing plague.

Offline Descenter

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Dude, they have changed the game dynamics, physics, gameplay, and feel of the game since beta.  I know because I played in beta.  And if you only played it for on weekend, you totally didn't even begin to see how the game is.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Dude, they have changed the game dynamics, physics, gameplay, and feel of the game since beta.

That begs the question of what the point of the beta was, then, doesn't it?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam

Erm, to find out what was crap and fix it before final release??
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.

Erm, to find out what was crap and fix it before final release??
Bollocks, betas are more to get people hyped for the game before release, it was terrible at beta so FLOP.
Most bugs should have been fixed by that point. If they have truely changed the entire game since that then the beta was more of a alpha and the boxed release was the beta.

Offline Descenter

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Or....it's just what Wobble said in the first place, and was literally a true beta game at that point, to find and fix bugs the public found before the release.  BTW they just released "update 2" for the game, which fixed ALOT of bugs they have found, and given me a 7 day free play, so if anyone here is actually playing the game, look for me in there the next couple of days.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I would have thought alpha was the stage to change game mechanics....... beta is - in proper theory - when you find and fix bugs, not introduce more by changing the fundamentals of it.

Offline Descenter

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Meh, it works, and it somehow appeals to me so I really don't care. :D