Author Topic: Cool  (Read 4129 times)

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Someone has just way too frigging much time on their hands... :wtf:

But I agree. It's pretty cool...  :D
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Shade

Heh, that's awesome.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Very pleasing to the eye, What game is this in again? :confused:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Why have I never heard of Trackmania?

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
It's good, but has the annoyance of Starforce which makes me reluctant to reinstall it. 

There's a free version - Trackmania Nations - lying about somewhere, albeit also with Sf.  See http://www.trackmanianations.com/indexUk.php, albeit I don't know if it includes the trackbuilder from the retail games (which is really what made them worthwhile)

Offline Shade

What on earth is the point of having starforce on a freely available game? Especially one that is, presumably, downloaded and doesn't even need a CD in the first place? The depths of stupidity some members of the human race are capable of never cease to amaze me.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
What on earth is the point of having starforce on a freely available game? Especially one that is, presumably, downloaded and doesn't even need a CD in the first place? The depths of stupidity some members of the human race are capable of never cease to amaze me.

Because you can reverse engineer the executable in order to run (a pirated copy of) the retail version, otherwise.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
aren't a lot of Devs dropping starforce like the proverbial hot potato?
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
aren't a lot of Devs dropping starforce like the proverbial hot potato?

They are now, yeah.  I think by dint of one of the Starforce forum admins directing people to download GalCiv2 (including a link) when it was pointed out how Stardocks commendable attitude to their customers, including not needing the CD or having intrusive copy protection to play it, had seen high sales for that game.  Additionally, Ubisoft dropped them as a result of a class action suit being brought over starforce, and CDV and JoWood have dropped it as well (due to complaints, and in the US at the least).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 09:13:22 am by aldo_14 »

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
"The Thousandth Landing" from the BSG season one soundtrack goes perfectly with this movie, even matching up with some of the cuts.

*Looks at title* hmmm....

Oh, and very nice find.
-C

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
"The Thousandth Landing" from the BSG season one soundtrack goes perfectly with this movie, even matching up with some of the cuts.
Praytell, how exactly did you happen across that?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Cool,yes...cool...
A bit chaotic....
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Methinks they have a wee collision detection bug somewhere...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
AFAIK they don't have collision detection at all. The video was made by some guy driving the track again and again and again, then somehow overlaying all his different run-throughs so it looks like you've got 1000 cars going at once. The slight variations in each run-through are what make it interesting.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!