Author Topic: FS 1 Port Crash - Mission 9  (Read 978 times)

FS 1 Port Crash - Mission 9
In the Freespace 1 port, mission 9 of Act 1 (The Darkness and the Light), I get a crash to desktop as soon as the mission starts if I pick a ship other than the one assigned by the game.

If I don't select my own ship, the mission works fine but as soon as I go with the Hercules for example, the game just crashes. First and only crash I've experienced so far.

Not sure if anyone here knows the solution or knows of a possible fix.

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
Re: FS 1 Port Crash - Mission 9
This should be in the Freespace conversion forum.  Hmmm, I'm not on the Freespace Port staff, I can try to see if I can recreate it.  Which build of FS Open do you have?  Do you have 3.6.9?  How's your set up?  Do you have all of your FSPort vps placed within a seperate folder within the FS2 main folder, such as c:\games\freespace2\fsport?

Ummmm.... how the hell do you have a Herc at that point in the game?  :wtf:
It's not available until... I think Act 2, Mission 5, or somewhere around there.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Yeah.There are several other bugs...how can I take out the Eva with MX-50?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Disable the mediaVPs and it should work.