Author Topic: Worstgames ever :)  (Read 19724 times)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
My worst game ever (that I did not play): Big Rigs. This game is so bad people bought it just to check out how atrocious it is. In the end it actually sold more than Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. Sad.

:eek2:

I watched the video (via YouTube...). Less said the better about the game, obviously. I was almost hyperventilating at the part where the guy just left his Big Rig bouncing happily in the vacuum.

By the way, the publisher behind that atrocity also seems to qualify quite well in the contest of worst web sites ever:

http://www.stellarstone.com/

Nothing working there either. Except lo behold; on Internet Exploder the pages magically work "normally"... On other browsers that actually know what to do with malformed web code, no luck. You have to guess the address; the navigation bar just sits there in both Opera 9 and FF1.502. Even I could do more functional web page, and I could easily make it better in appearance also.

Real Russki Kvalitet there... :lol:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I fixed the Yolanda review link in my earlier post. You guys should read it. Funny stuff.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I fixed the Yolanda review link in my earlier post. You guys should read it. Funny stuff.

Oh, My, Gosh.....................That game sounds like a huge pile of badger muck. The reviewer said "the best part of the game is the bird on the title screen... and thats not saying much"  :lol:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I had to go into rehab after trying to play Yolanda.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I've never been unlucky enough.......

Scrabble on the old Commodore (tape drive i forget wich) was thick as sh1t, it would ask " ARE YOUSURE ZXDTFFGHGFY IS A WORD?"  press Y, "CONGRATULATIONS, 679 OINTS"

:lol:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Roanoke

'E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial' - Least said the better, let's just say they ended up destroying nearly 1 million unsold cartridges.

buried in the desert ?  ;)

oh, and Doom3.

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Big Rigs, or some talking program I made. Not verbal of course.

Pick an option:
A: Irradiate your brain.
B: Give terrorists information about government secrets (or U.N secrets, or secretary generals, or something!)

Etc. It was kinda fun for about 5 mins. But it only had about 12 different paths :(

Oh yeah, an interesting site www.dugg.ca

Nooo! the site went down! Stupid advertisers!

Ok, try www.cexx.org

Really, no joke! Try it!

Counter exploitation!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 03:20:58 pm by Mathwiz6 »

Eddie Guerrero R.I.P. 1967-2005

Corridor 7 was pretty bad.... Started off ok, but just got boring and even more boring and even more more boring...... Music was pretty cool though.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
I know this has already been covered, but this is a quote from the Stellar Stone site:

ADVANTAGE
The highest technical caliber of Stellar Stone developers coupled with low offshore Russia-based engineering costs gives us sustainable competitive edge to employ more and higher quality engineers than a typical US company can afford, staff up projects faster, put more developers on a project for a better gameplay value and graphics visuals. For our customers that transfers into richier product feature set at the same price point.

If "high quality" means the game doesn't work, then what's their idea of low quality?
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
anyone ever play corridor 7?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

anyone ever play corridor 7?

Look a couple posts back  :D
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
oh, missed the second page. :nod:
well I guess that just goes to show how bad that game was.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
I would have to say ether Delta force 2 or LW.

Me and my brother would sit there laughing like sisies, while having to hunt down this one dude who was sitting near a house, saying the same thing over, and over, and over again. Only to find him half stuck thru a building and kill us with one shot time we rounded the corner. :lol:
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I heard there were some Live-action Zelda games or something that really sucked as well on CD-i?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If "high quality" means the game doesn't work, then what's their idea of low quality?

Sets fire to your PC and burns your house down?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Star Control 3 and DX: IW for the most disappointing games ever......
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Nuclear1

Star Control 3

There was a third? Wow, they must have really boned it up to tarnish SC2's reputation.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Shade

Oh, they did. Or rather, someone else did, which was the real cause of the suckage of that game - The people behind SC1&2 didn't make SC3. Same thing that happened to the EoB series... it's a sad way to end it.

[Edit] On the topic of Star Control, anyone who loved SC2 as much as I did should check out The Ur-Quan Masters. It's an open-source, cross-platform, and in my experience very stable version of SC2, identical in every way to the original except it runs on modern operating systems. In short, it rocks. Hasn't left my hard drive since I found out about it :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 05:48:40 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Star Control 3

There was a third? Wow, they must have really boned it up to tarnish SC2's reputation.

You'd better believe that they did (they meaning the people who made this one, as they are different from the ones who made the first and second). Here is the best review I've found for it.

http://www.abandonia.com/games/822/download/StarControl3.htm

Overall, it was a terrible game, even when it is standing alone. Compared to its predecessor, it looks even worse.

"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key