Author Topic: Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 16675 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Use a ranged weapon on th eBonedragon, and get royally drunk first for ++Moxie..............btw can everyone post their KoL names here so i know who's who.  :)

<<^^=Lord Muscle :nervous:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Shade

Same as here, 'cept with a Z. And pastamastery totally owns, I should've tried this class earlier... never going to go hungry again :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Ahh your Zhade...........Have a beer fella  :D

**You on a second ascension or something? you got 12K of clan karma, How'd you manage that otherwise :)

***Forget that you're on hardcore/........No beer :p
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Same name.

Offline Shade

Yeah, 12k would be a bit of a challenge to get at lvl 5 wouldn't it? :p I'm on my fifth now. Since I decided to go hardcore, I just dumped whatever cash and useful items I had at the end of my first (or maybe second, not sure) ascension into the stash, since I wouldn't be able to get at it anyway :)

And I'll gladly take a beer, you'll just have to giftwrap it :D
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Tell ya what, i'll save my lowly unascended Meat and Dump it in the stash for ya. I'm second Karma wise and i'm only just level 10 ;7
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Shade

That'll work. I can grab it and proceed to get tanked once I get out of hardcore then :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That's pretty generous of you Shade. Thanks a lot :yes:
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Shade

Nah... 20k meat isn't that much at the end of an ascension - One dictionary, that's all really. At the start, sure, but that doesn't really apply in hardcore now does it? ;) And it's not like items such as the keys, resistance items and other stuff were going to be of any use to me either, but they might be to someone not in hardcore.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I was refering to all the stuff you'd stashed. That's worth a fair bit.

Offline Shade

If it's that valuable, I guess should open a store or something since I've got duplicates of most of that stuff :) However, I can't really see the point, as the only things I might want to buy are so expensive it'd take me 10 years to get the money for just one of them anyway :p

How on earth could anyone ever accumulate 100 million+ anyway? It would take years of dedicated farming, and the game just isn't old enough for someone to have done that, let alone done so while still ascending once in a while.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Donate $20 and buy a couple of Tomes of Snowcone Summoning when they were available in Mr Shop.

Sell them now and you'd be well your way.

Although you can't do it now there are a few things that are obviously going to increase in price as they get more scarse.

It's worth remembering that ascension is relatively new too. I was a 53rd level Seal Clubber when they rolled it out and I certainly wasn't there from the start.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 09:02:56 am by karajorma »

Offline Shade

Lvl 53?! Hot damn, you must have had some insane stats :p I had no idea ascension was fairly new, I guess that could explain a lot of it since people probably had nothing better to do than farm most of the time. Clears it up nicely.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 09:35:37 am by Shade »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I seem to remember I had something like 400 in my primary stat.

Lets just say that it was something of a double edged sword when it came to fighting the NS the first time as the ***** scaled with me.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I used to play as Oogaboogabooga, then I quit for a while and my account expired. I was level 14 with 0 ascensions... darn NS kept killing me!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Booze = YAY !

So does anyone wanna / need a clan Barman or a Clan Chef................. :confused:
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Shade

Now there's a first for me, I completed all the quests and collected all the items for the Sorceress, but I can't bloody well get there because I'm too low level still :p I think it's trying to tell me I'm using too many potions to stay alive or something. And that would've been my fastest run to date, too... well I guess strictly speaking it will still be, and I can pretty much say that it was having pastamastery that made it so much faster. 6 cooking operations and Abracadabra!, +60-70 turns. Man I love that skill, it is so permed when I ascend tomorrow.

As for a chef, chefs are good :yes: As are barmen. Not that I'd profit from any food or drink, but at least it might be someone to keep me company in chat ;)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 09:52:46 am by Shade »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Pastamastery + Saucecrafting are probably the best two skills to have in the game. They're good all the time (reagent dishes) but pastamastery is  especially good when you have access to the Wok of Ages as you can make chow meins then and they're a huge boost to your character (especially if you've got the Chef-in-a-box and no longer have to spend adventures when cooking).

I've done the same thing as you previously and completed all the quests at level 10. I used to farm meat on the icy peak to kill time but that's not as good an option as it used to be.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 10:11:08 am by karajorma »

Offline Shade

Yeah, the peak is where I went once I ran out of potions for the castle. Not for meat though, for the stat adventure... I nearly made it too, I'm sitting at 103.6 mysticality now after buying 15 cans of magicalness in a vain hope to get the last nudge up the ladder. If I'd had a bit more luck there (I got 3 syrups and a burrito adventure, no avalanche) I'd at the very least have been at the first familiar fight :) Even managed to get a furry suit for the final fight this time, which I lacked on the last run as the castle was fresh out of wolf masks.

Still, it feels good. I tried hard to be as efficient as possible with my turns this run, and it clearly payed off. Next time I'll just have to remember to actually level once in a while instead of just gathering stuff and doing quests ;)

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Boooze!

My accodian thief is perming his ode to booze, and going DB  :D. Booooze!

Then sauceror   :nod:. Reagent pasta!

More turns = more power. (Mmmm... cheap noodles...)

My daily routine: Cook delicious noodles. Adventure in Whitie's grove for boxed wine or white lightning. Cook some extra stuff. Eat and drink the entire thing (blendered). Add 50 turns per day (meat maid, calender, chrome crossbow), and 6 turns per drink (36 total), and 27 average for the noodles, and about 12 for the rest, voila. 125 turns per day. Whoo! Spend it all :).

Icy peak and moxious madrigal, 3 sneaky pete breath spray, penguin skin buckler, chapped legs, star boomerang, moxie of the marichi, dreadul dirge, polka of plenty, and 25 pound leprechaun = Icy peak farming  :D

275% meat gain, yetis = 550 meat each. Continuous kills. At level 8  :p