Author Topic: Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 16671 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Whooo! Drunken partay! :D

Lessee... 19 turns per drink, 3 drinks per day, 6 turns, 2 drinks, 8 turns per food, 3 food, aannnd... 47 turns per day base!

This is by myself :D

57 + 12 + 24 + 47 = 140 :D With 6 fullness slots left :D

Wooot!

Someday, after Sauceror, 50 + 8 + 95 (19 will be falling down drunk :D) + 47 = 200...
Wow. 181 turns per day, without falling down drunk. On average! 19 while drunk.

You won't be able to use the 19 turn drinks as a Sauceror. No access to the Crosby Nash Still see.

But you shouldn't be falling down drunk at 19 once you've done the Deep Fat Friars quest. It pushes the bar up to 20 instead of 15.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Shade

Today I make this solemn vow: I shall never again play a turtle tamer across two muscle days, but instead make damned sure I hit moxie days instead :p My muscle is high enough to start on the pirate cove or the goatlet, but my moxie is only barely enough to survive the laboratory while still taking a lot of damage. Only redeeming factor is insane hitpoints and medicinal herbs to restore them cheaply, otherwise I might be tempted to drop hardcore just to get on with it.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well thanks to the muscle day I managed to reach the point where the ability to have 1 hit kills outweighs the damage the monsters do. I'm taking about 30 points worth of damage every fight but I have about 400 and loads of drastic healing scrolls so I should be alright tomorrow.

The problem with muscle classes is that I consider using the medicinal herbs a waste. I've got the pulverize skill so every time I waste speen with them that's one less wad I can eat which means one less adventure and the loss of 10 rounds of twinklefairy (Which is really useful in the castle and hole in the sky)

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Whooo! Drunken partay! :D

Lessee... 19 turns per drink, 3 drinks per day, 6 turns, 2 drinks, 8 turns per food, 3 food, aannnd... 47 turns per day base!

This is by myself :D

57 + 12 + 24 + 47 = 140 :D With 6 fullness slots left :D

Wooot!

Someday, after Sauceror, 50 + 8 + 95 (19 will be falling down drunk :D) + 47 = 200...
Wow. 181 turns per day, without falling down drunk. On average! 19 while drunk.

You won't be able to use the 19 turn drinks as a Sauceror. No access to the Crosby Nash Still see.

But you shouldn't be falling down drunk at 19 once you've done the Deep Fat Friars quest. It pushes the bar up to 20 instead of 15.

Softcore. Hagnks. Lots, and lots of Prep. And anyway, ode to booze makes regular garnished drinks 19 adv average. I checked :D

And those 19 will be falling down drunk. 16 = 4*4, or 76 turns. Another drink, and you're over the edge.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Where's the best place to get stuff like little paper umbrellas etc? I can get them from going to The Shore, but they turn up so rarely, it's not worth the amount of turns it takes to get them? Same goes for coconut shells?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If you have the cocktailcrafting and superhuman cocktailcrafting skills you can summon 5 of them a day. So you only need to adventure if you need a specific one and the random number generator has been unkind to you.

What I do is basically drink whatever is available to me except on stats days when I try to drink something that only boosts that particular stat. If I haven't got enough of the umbrellas\coconuts\ice-cubes then I go on holiday at the shore. It costs money but the meat globe you get after 12 adventures or so gives you a pretty big boost too.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Sorceress' Chamber
You're not tough enough to fight up here. You need to be at least level 11, with at least 70 in all of your stats.

Well that's a first!

I've got there with a base moxie of 69 so it shouldn't take me too long to get the points I need but that was kind of a surprise! :D

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Just so you know guys, Oct the 25th is St Sneaky Petes day, (like KoL paddys day+Mardi Gras) On this day of days you can drink Green beer and get special items once you reach 26 drunkeness (only achievable with liver of steel) for one day only  :nod:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Shade

Yay, wheel in the sky to the rescue! My moxie is back *sniff* :) But oh boy, were those first 30 turns up there ugly. The very definition of slugfest. With 300 HPs I could just eek out 5 fights before needing medicinal herbs, with them hitting me for 30-50 per round and me averaging 100-120 with headbutt, plus the occasional lucky one-shot kill when I got a critical. Which would've been better if I ever got initiative, which I didn't. I think I need a DB run for that passive initiative skill before I try this again. And one for drinks. And one for item drops. Actually, I think I just need a bunch of DB runs, period.

Looks like I'm gonna miss Sneaky Pete's day though, by virtue of me being out of the country at the time. But who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and happen upon a computer with a working internet connection :) And besides, I think I can live with missing a KoL holiday in favour of a real life vacation :D
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well the RNG seems to hate me. I adventured for 30 turns at whitey's grove before I got the road to White Castle adventure. And I still haven't managed to pick up anything good from there. On top of that I'm three days into an ascension and haven't been able to summon up a single purple snowcone yet. Buying soda is costing me a fortune.

I think I'm going to drink myself into oblivion and try again tomorrow :)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I'm trying to get through three doors into the NS lair, but i'm gonna GRIND for a bit and just have fun before i bother trying to beat her up.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
That's what I'm doing, I've been saving up secret blends and noodles for when I get the Wok of Ages, but I need to get to lvl 15 I think, which is a lot of grinding ;)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I just want ultimate cocktail skills:D by the way, can i carry it over does anyone know, After i whoop NS? :confused:
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If you know you're ready to take her on you might as well do it and grab all that lovely experience now.

I always find it much easier to beat the NS, free the king and then level up to 15 if I'm after a high level skill as that way I can use stuff from a previous ascension like left over phonics and tiny houses etc. You can still hardcore permanent any skill you gained as long as you were still hardcore when you beat the NS. There is no need to grind adventures until you reach level 15 so that you can use Way of the Sauce or any other level 15 skill. Simply give the ***** what for and then go up to level 15 normally.

Freeing the king is the second when Hardcore ends. Not beating the NS as many people think. This isn't an issue for skills though. The only time this becomes important is if you are after one of the hardcore trophies. In those cases you do have to remain in hardcore mode to earn them. Otherwise smash that prism and grind when you can use all your previous stuff as well as getting the clan beifits like extra adventures and meat.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I've never got this far,  and i'm............. :nervous: scared  :(

srsly, now i'm gonna twat her, but i cant get past the three dancing pillock statues :mad:
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Shade

The door on the left is the key, if you are lucky enough and have the keys.

*tries to think of a way to be more obscure*
*fails*

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Oh great, a frickin Fishbowl............
*cough need riddle answers*
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Shade

Well, you have one of them. Plus a bowl.

(Sorry, I'm in an enigmatic mood tonight :p)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
You have to think 'Kingdom of Loathing' style, the answers are all variations on the same word, but you'll have to fish around for what it is ;)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Oh that was subtle.......... :lol:
I cannae be arsed with the finding blocks and instruments :(

Corrected, all i need is some STAR gear, Which i'll return after ive got the last block.

Please *Beggzorrz hard*
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 11:04:29 am by Colonol Dekker »
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.