Author Topic: Know any good Far Cry maps?  (Read 3229 times)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Know any good Far Cry maps?
I'm getting back into Far Cry (just re-installed and downloading latest patch as we speak) but I remember that the main campaign was really long and that I got tired of it after a while and had to force myself through many parts of it.

Anywho, the parts I remember really enjoying were the times early on when it was just you versus the mercs in the jungle. No mutated jumping bean apes and nuclear reactors and such.

If anyone knows some good single player maps where I can just fight some fools I'd appreciate it. The ultimate would be a map that randomizes lots of things so that the conditions would be different every time although I think that's wishful thinking. [uk]Cheers.[/uk]
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Re: Know any good Far Cry maps?
No one? Not even Sandwich?

Hard Light Productions:

Yeah, I too would like to hear if there's anyone with suggestions. I'm not an online player, least not for a long while, and so for me to get any enjoyment outta MODs they've gotta be single player. Swhy I love this place so much.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
:arrr:

Hard Light Productions:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
[uk]Cheers.[/uk]

Nice one  8) I gotta say i've only got Predator instincts on the 360, But the editors great, Ever tried the PC editor?
Failing that try http://www.farcry-maps.com/news.php

Enjoy ;7
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Just saw this. No, I don't know of any extra maps, but the ones that ship with the game are plenty large that I doubt you've discovered everything about them. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
The most important thing I learned from FarCry is that when you are
- sneaking around in a genetic mutation research facility
- surrounded by extremely lethal signs of its success
- receiving orders from some random dude you don't even know
- happen to notice a pair of biohazard needles lying around on a desk
- just before you're about to detonate a nuclear weapon
- and don't have a sure quick ride out of there
that the last thing you should do, in general, is to pick up the aforementioned biohazard needles and inject yourself with whatever the hell is in them. :p

That being said, it was an interesting FPS, and the maps were incredibly detailed and non-freeform. The biggest problem I had with Far Cry was the inconsistency. Some parts it was as smooth as Padme's back, other parts it was more jerky than Fry after 99 cups of coffee. The same also held for its difficulty. (No colorful analogies there. :p)
-C

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
That being said, it was an interesting FPS, and the maps were incredibly detailed and non-freeform.
I think you said the opposite of what you meant to say there.
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Speaking of freeform maps, I just started playing Battlefield 2 (single-player, that is), and I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with the maps. Granted, they're not nearly the same scale as the FarCry levels are, but they really do seem like actual locations instead of maps someone built for a FPS. Especially the Arab-esque cities, those were top-notch.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
That being said, it was an interesting FPS, and the maps were incredibly detailed and non-freeform.
I think you said the opposite of what you meant to say there.

You may be right.
-C

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Farcry was great, dont forget, without Farcry there'd be no Crysis......
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png