Author Topic: Nexus 2...if it would have been build  (Read 5340 times)

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Nexus 2...if it would have been build
I just found this thing. Seams to be a tech presentation on what Nexus2 would have looked like when actualy developed.
PS: Hope the link works. Else go to gametrailers.com and search for "Nexus 2 tech presentation"

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=16457
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Re: Nexus 2...if it would have been build
I think I just filled the cup.

So, what, I take it they're not developing this, eh?

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Sadly their isn't any development going on as far as I know.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 09:17:14 am by gevatter Lars »
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Damn. :(

+1 postcount

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
apparently the original didnt sell so well, although it ****ing ROCKED ..... that trailer was seriously sick.....
I hate My signature!

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Indeed the game was fun and the story was told with quite some (black) humor. I just loved this sentance "...Aliens, Spaceships, Galactic wars...damn I feel like I am in some kind of computer game"

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
HOLY FEAKING CRAP!!! that was beautifull!!! better detail and quality than some Sci-fi films ave seen! It is such a shame that this won't be produced due to poor sales of the orig and probably poor advertising, just like a certain title i wont mention cos i will get flamed for it  :nervous:

I am going to ave to track down the first 1, seems i may have missed a wee gem
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
I am going to ave to track down the first 1, seems i may have missed a wee gem

Same here.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Ha just got it of amazon.co.uk 3 left, well 2 now, or u can get it used for £1.99
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The first Nexus is absolutely great from mi perspective. The game is a must for anyone wlling to see something good besides FS! I recomend it highly. Played it 3 times already and managed to improve miself every time i played it!

Edit! The trailer was absolutely awesome. Just goes to prove what bad advertising does to a geme. Sometimes i think there is a whole conspiraci to underrate scifi games like these so that they dont sell......! Cool trailer tough...it has me almost drooling!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 10:23:41 am by AlphaOne »
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Why no one is making this game? WHY? Dammit, just because the first didnt sell much, just look at that, that game would've been great. :( Does someone knows where can the trailer be downloaded?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm frankly more annoyed at Nexus than I have been at any game in years. It's defying logic. Every time I play the damn mission I'm stuck on I do progressively worse. Even with Homeworld 2 I did better on every attempt.

I'm also not enamored of its controls, which could have been handled better, and the lack of intelligence with which the computer carries out your orders.

I will miss Nexus 2 for what it might have been: fixed. But not because it was a Nexus title.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
My only real dissapointment with Nexus was the fact that you could add ships to the game, but couldn't design missions for it. It used Lightwave models as well, so it would have been a piece of cake for me :/

It was a fun game, but as ngtm1r says, some of the later missions, particuarly the cloaked ones, are as much a matter of blind luck as strategy :)

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
My only real dissapointment with Nexus was the fact that you could add ships to the game, but couldn't design missions for it. It used Lightwave models as well, so it would have been a piece of cake for me :/

I still defend the idea of a Freespace mod for it. :nervous:

Eh.....I'm wasn't too thrilled with the original.  It had way too many -almost- cool elements, that would've been cool....if they had made them complete.  Anti shield weapons, cool in theory, not so useful because shields were relatively weak.  Pinpoint weapons to take out systems...cool, in theory, would've been very cool if you could've disabled a ship then stolen it, or at least a few parts off of it...but no.  It just took out systems, and did it so slowly that you were better off pretty much all the time just blowing the whole thing up.  An experience system, but you never seemed to gain enough experience to have any noticable effect.

I have to admit, I didn't actually beat it.  Got to what I'm pretty sure was the final mission, and then several enemy fleets showed up, all armed with magical doomsday area effect missiles.  I got disgusted and uninstalled.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
I cried when I watched that. Everyone in class were a bit worried about that...

In the old times when I was totally freakyed about Freespace, I always tried to make weapons that looked just like that. Always inventing background stories to explain the overhaul of the weapon systems. Rapid fire pulse defence turrets, big main guns with a long trail. Beams were only for Shivans and few special cases. Blobs are my thing. Fighters relied on primeries, with only a few tactical missiles. They had great top speed, bul low deceleration so they always stayed on the move, strafing capships. It was beatiful. Ships gliding trought space trading weapons fire, explosions. It looked so much better than regular Freespace.

Maybe I should overhaul the weapons again, for the 5th time. :drevil:

Anyway. Had they added a mission editor in to that (NED?), I would have been dripping with joygoo... :nod:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I cried when I watched that. Everyone in class were a bit worried about that...

I'm a bit worried, too.

the presentation for the original was amazing... no space RTS has looked that good in my opinion.  But i do admit that the controls were counter intuitive.  The community, while there, never really seemed to rally behind the game to help save it.  I don't remember ever seeing any mods finished excluding a couple of awesome Star Trek models. 
  Though the developers definitely could have released a mission editor patch later or some kind of explansion to keep people interested.  The market's there, but no one seems to know how to tap it properly.  Sigh, another series done before it ever really gets off the ground.

Well, those graphics and fluid combat scenes are certainly well beyond anything that's been released so far. Aside from the engine visuals though, I wonder if it'd be quite that dynamic in-game.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Let me just clarify to myself, This ISN'T coming out?

:( Why does Jeebus taunt me so.............
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png