I have the PC and PS2 versions, so sadly, I won't be able to join you. ;-; By the way, there IS an offline freeform version of online mode, called Extra Mode. Play Story Mode enough and it will become unlocked. Honestly, I think comparing Guild Wars
and Phantasy Star Universe
is somewhat unfair. PSU
seems to me to be moreso Sega's answer to Final Fantasy XI
(6-man parties, Partner Machinery fill the same role as shopkeeper Moogles, etc).
- You can change job at the Guardians Headquarters. Changing your profession requires a fee and it becomes more expensive as you level up.
- Don't pirate the game. The instruction manual is a must read. Plus, Sega really needs the money (they couldnt even afford to advertise PSU on TV; the only ads I see are for Final Fantasy XII)
- The 6 month plan is cheaper than the every month plan ($49.99 for 6 months is cheaper, that is).
- If you're playing on PC, buy yourself a gamepad.
- If on PS2 or XBox, buy yourself a keyboard.
- Do make use of the tutorial mission (My Room -> Partner Machinery -> Partner Machinery Functions -> Talk -> Play Tutorial).
- Diga (as a technique) is amazing in damage against most foes (taught to me by a guy calling himself Lil'Zael)
- Unlike the previous game, PSO -- you can now button-mash to do combos; you no longer need perfect timing. I love this. Now all I need is a turbo-fire controller.
- Firing guns is not required to be done in first person view; you can fire normally. Aiming is primarily done by strafing back and forth to match your firing with the position of your target. If you are a Ranger, strafe, and strafe often.
- Don't let the community sucker you into leveling too quickly. The game will become rapidly boring if you do. Take it slowly.
- Planet Neudaiz: Ohtoku City is easy to get lost in.
- Dying because you can't notice your own HP bar which is at the lower left of the screen becomes commonplace in this game.
- Pannons are cute.
- Sendillan "Plasma Horses" (as I call them) are exceptionally annoying at higher levels.
- Bow and arrows are fun.
- Razonde and Rafoie are FUN.
- Parum's Relics mission (the Sleeping Warriors) gives amazing numbers of mission points.
- Mission points and Photon Art levels are more important than character levels.