Author Topic: Wii Launch Guide  (Read 3910 times)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
IGN's launched a nice little launch-guide that will be periodically updated with little tidbits regarding said console. Granted, it doesn't have all that much on there now other than the basics of the Wii itself, but with future information on early games, online services, and the first Virtual Console titles available, it might be handy keeping it around to stay apprised.

Wii Launchguide.

If nothing else, with the lead-up to release slowly ramping up, we could do with a community Wii thread anyway.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Hehe.  Community 'Wii'

Still well over a month till it's out here, anyways.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I decided to put my Wii money away in my "upgrade computer to play games like Supreme Commander and Crysis well" fund. I'm now in the wait-and-see zone. Maybe I'll get one next year if I have a little extra money. Still looking forward to this, though.  :yes:

[edit] An excellent guide. Makes it easy to show off to people who've never touched a console. [/edit]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 05:01:21 pm by Ulala »
I am a revolutionary.

Retailers in my area stopped accepting pre-orders...  :mad:
Apparently within an hour of the opening of said pre-orders!  :confused:

Someone explain how it is possible to sell out so fast?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Ulala

*shrugs* Console launches these days seem to always follow that route, ever since the PS2 I mean. Huge demand, limited supply upon launch date.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Wii Hands On

Neither gushing nor damning.

Offline Ulala

I'll agree that the prices of Wii's controllers are pretty steep. Granted, they're no more than Xbox360, etc, but for a much cheaper console, I suppose I was hoping for cheaper everything else to go with it too.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I'll agree that the prices of Wii's controllers are pretty steep. Granted, they're no more than Xbox360, etc, but for a much cheaper console, I suppose I was hoping for cheaper everything else to go with it too.

Yeah, that is the major downside IMO, and it's quite annoying; largely it's down to them selling the nunchuk attachment seperately (granted, it doesn't seem that you need it for all games, but it'd also seem to be a likely pre-requisite for multiplaying a substantial amount)

Ah well, at least the games are about a tenner cheaper.  And if Wii Play is any good (bundled with the 30 quid remote, apparently), or at least worth over a tenner, it shouldn't be too much of a drain.

Offline Nuclear1

Wii Hands On

"Wii Hands On"

Teehee.

"Come on over and play with my Wii!"

Okay, I think I'm done.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Iron Wolf

• Shzam!
Retailers in my area stopped accepting pre-orders...  :mad:
Apparently within an hour of the opening of said pre-orders!  :confused:

Someone explain how it is possible to sell out so fast?

Heh, heh.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=212
Come on now, be honest. Wouldn't you all rather listen to your hairdressers than Hercules? Or Horatius? Or Orpheus? All those old bores! people so lofty they sound as if they s**t marble! - Mozart, Amadeus

Offline Ulala

Yeah, that is the major downside IMO, and it's quite annoying; largely it's down to them selling the nunchuk attachment seperately (granted, it doesn't seem that you need it for all games, but it'd also seem to be a likely pre-requisite for multiplaying a substantial amount)

The nunchuk and wiimote for $40 would be more reasonable in my opinion. I'm a little pissed (and cheap, and poor) about it.  :doubt: :(
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Iron Wolf

• Shzam!

The nunchuk and wiimote for $40 would be more reasonable in my opinion. I'm a little pissed (and cheap, and poor) about it.  :doubt: :(

There, there, don't cry, just go :headz: on Nintendo and be happy!
Come on now, be honest. Wouldn't you all rather listen to your hairdressers than Hercules? Or Horatius? Or Orpheus? All those old bores! people so lofty they sound as if they s**t marble! - Mozart, Amadeus

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Wii Hands On

"Wii Hands On"

Teehee.

"Come on over and play with my Wii!"

Okay, I think I'm done.

Come on, surely you can do better than two!! :D

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Incidentally (and this will only work for a limited time) anyone in the uk can enter PRFREEDEL and EMAIL10 special offer codes to get free delivery and 10% off on the Wii - and any other product - respectively.

Offline Ulala

There, there, don't cry, just go :headz: on Nintendo and be happy!

Right, cause that'll make 'em lower their prices on the controllers. That'll make 'em lower their prices reeeeeeal good.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Basic info on games is up.

Offline Ulala

Basic info on games is up.

Didn't have time to read them all, but I'm looking forward to trying some of these out someday. Assuming they still rent out console games..  :nervous:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
:confused:

the Wii is a console? I thought it was another one of those gameboy rip-offs...

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Not sure if this has been posted already, but they are going to be launching Wii in Times Square on Nov 19th.  It's also where the first Wii is going to be sold after they launch it.  I hope they don't make a big mess. 

*Snicker*

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  Everyone else beat me to all the good Wii jokes.

Apparently they have sold all their pre-orders at WalMart and Toys "Backwards R" Us.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160895.html?tag=lastword;link
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...