Author Topic: I can't play fs2 missions with fs2_open  (Read 4807 times)

I can't play fs2 missions with fs2_open
I downloaded the mediavps, and have the newest version(3.6.9 rc7) but at map load the game crashes.

Help me please, I really wanna play this.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: I can't play fs2 missions with fs2_open
Are you using OpenGL or D3D? If you are using D3D switch to OpenGL and try again (FS Open launcher's Video tab).
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Nope, I'm using opengl.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You're trying the standard FS2 missions or a mod?

What graphics card does your PC have?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

You're trying the standard FS2 missions or a mod?

What graphics card does your PC have?

Integrated. I downloaded the MediaVPs and wanna play with the high quality content.

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Erk. THE_Phreak, you can't run SCP on integrated graphics cards, unfortunately. Especially if you have Intel Extreme 2. Buy a graphics card, anything that's a GeForce 6800 or higher or an ATI 9600XT or higher. And get more memory if you have 256 MB. Trust me.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, wrong forum, too. >.>
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 08:10:21 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Erk. THE_Phreak, you can't run SCP on integrated graphics cards, unfortunately. Especially if you have Intel Extreme 2. Buy a graphics card, anything that's a GeForce 6800 or higher or an ATI 9600XT or higher. And get more memory if you have 256 MB. Trust me.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, wrong forum, too. >.>

I could play The Babylon 5 mod and the Freespace Conversion, I don't see why I can't run the SCP. Besides, I already played through the training missions.

The Port and TBP are mods, not upgrades. The SCP is a code upgrade, with very significant graphics updates. I know nothing about integrated graphics cards ( :blah:) but I'm willing to bet that the upgraded graphics are what is crashing your card.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

The Port and TBP are mods, not upgrades. The SCP is a code upgrade, with very significant graphics updates. I know nothing about integrated graphics cards ( :blah:) but I'm willing to bet that the upgraded graphics are what is crashing your card.

Aren't they using the SCP though?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Depends on which version of TBP you played. v2 and below didn't. The FS1 Port is similarly happy on either retail or SCP.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
you can't run SCP on integrated graphics cards

Urk. I didn't know that.

Well, at least my PCI card still runs good... And this is an AGP board... :blah:

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Can run SCP on integrated graphics but it isn't supported by the SCP. Which means that while we may try to give you advice on what you can do to make it work don't expect any changes in the code for your problem.

Can run SCP on integrated graphics but it isn't supported by the SCP. Which means that while we may try to give you advice on what you can do to make it work don't expect any changes in the code for your problem.

I'd like that. I just bought a car so I'll have to wait a while before I get a new PC.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
The first thing I'd suggest is streamline the mediavps, the effects one, for example, has several large graphics-card eating effects in there that could be crashing your system.

Offline ShivanSpS

MMMM, the nvidia intregrated 6100 and 6150 cant run SCP? are you sure?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Intel integrated cannot run FS Open for a lack of HTL Support. (That is, until the new x3000 came out, but, I have one, and driver support is utter ****, so dont count on being able to do anything real with it...)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist