Author Topic: Splinter Cell: Double agent.  (Read 5120 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Splinter Cell: Double agent.
That was the case in the first two games but they changed things a bit in Chaos Theory. The AIs are somewhat smarter and at higher difficulty levels you can only take one or two hits, so fighting is rarely an option. Actually, in CT I only killed three or four guys in the entire game, although that was mainly because I wanted to see what the guys said when you captured them. :D (almost every enemy in that has a unique conversation)

Can't say I was such a huge fan single player of SC. Decent cinematic feel to it but the missions felt a little scripted, like you had perform a specific trick to continue. Where as something like Thief where you could choose how to overcome obstacles.

I know what you mean with respect to the first two games, but I thought CT was much less linear than those. From what I'm hearing about this new game, it looks like it's still more nonlinear and is supposed to have a couple of different endings. Now if only it would run decently...

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Well, I do know that the good ending for the "next-gen" (PC and 360) version is really bad about explaining anything.

Apparently the "current-gen version" has much better story-telling.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
i felt like bumping this topic 'cuz i saw THIS:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-4/751217p1.html

i share his pain, i really do.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
I have to say, the Shanghai mission was great. Wish the other levels were as good.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I've decided to just pass it up until it falls to bargain bin prices, which I think will be pretty soon given how it performs. It's quite clear that the PC version of this game is not programmed properly, and basically nothing out there right now can run it well. The X1900s struggle to break 40fps average at modest settings, while the 8800s couldn't run it at all until recently, and even now they have serious rendering bugs with it.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
those ubisoft blokes are clearly going the way of EA.

Same day patches, product placement, the lot.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
those ubisoft blokes are clearly going the way of EA.

Same day patches, product placement, the lot.

Apallingly half-arsed PS2-Wii ports, too.