Author Topic: Awakening of the Beast - Demo released  (Read 7776 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Awakening of the Beast - Demo released
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/AotB_DEMO.rar
(270 KB - FSO 3.6.9 RC 7 required)

To let you all know that we are still alive, working and maybe finishing this campaign in the near future I may anounce the release of a 5 missions demo for the up-coming campaign "Awakening of the Beast".

The campaign's story is starting in the year 2263 of the Babylon 5 storyline. The Shadow-War, the Earth Alliance Civil War and 2nd Centauri Conquest are over and peace seems to have settled throughout the Interstellar Alliance.
But the enemies of the Interstellar Alliance don't stand still and wait. They await a tool and a oportunity to strike the Alliance. And this time might have come...
You are the Winglead of Alpha wing aboard the EAS Perseus, a Midwinter-class cruiser serving in the 22nd F.A.R.F. (fast-action-responding-force) of the Earth Alliance. As such you are to patrol the rims of EA space and to engage all enemy forces encountered.

Campaign web-site:
http://www.white-omega.relichost.net/aotb/index.html

[The original thread at the Unoffical TBP Forums:]
http://www.tbp.relichost.net/forum/index.php?topic=30.msg137#msg137
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: Awakening of the Beast - Demo released
Nice one Orpheus. I know how difficult it is getting anything out of the door. Even a demo. I'll be taking this home with me and hopefully it'll work with the 3.4 beta  :D.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline rynadrk

What SCP builds are you using for this?

Offline 0rph3u5

"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline rynadrk

hehe, sorry, didn't see that.

Offline 0rph3u5

hehe, sorry, didn't see that.

you were not the first one to do so...

==================

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I gave this a try last night and was pretty impressed. There's some great ideas in here and it's very pretty to look at. I'd recommend anyone looking for something new to play with TBP to download it.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

I downloaded 3.6.9 RC7, extracted it to my B5 folder, and attempted to operate it using the launcher in that folder. I get as far as the desktop before suffering a CTD and receive the error posted below. Can someone help me resolve this so I can play this campaign?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 05:33:52 pm by Javito1986 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
It means you're running an old version of the game engine. I notice you have about a million different FSOpen game engine executables in that directory. Are you clicking on the right one? Does your launcher point at the right one?

Well, those are all FSO's that I extracted from the 3.3a patch. But anyway, I figured it out. Had something to do with ships.tbl.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
The error was your ships.tbl had animation data, which it should, and your game engine was too old to understand it.

I know I am a late comer but I was wondering was this demo ever finished and released?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
you mean the full campaign I presume?

short answer: no
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.