Author Topic: Space Empires V  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Anyone else played it?

Compared to the previous title it's a bit harder to grasp at first, but once you do it's awesome.

I've been having a blast waging war across the galaxy. :p
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

no, sorry, i played space empires IV, but i found it a nice game :yes:.
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Yeah I got it. Haven't really got in deep yet. Basics are pretty similar to SEIV. I never really played that much, but this one is just awsome! Little expreience I have compells me to rate this as the best game in this genre since MoO2.

That rating depends on personal prefrences. SEV is a lot more complex than MoO2 (offers lots of micromanaging to those who bother). And is a lot more easier to eyes than SEIV.
So it's very much SEIV with new covers.

The space battles may divide people. I think some would prefer tight turn based system. But I like the stoppable real time. Offers enought control for me while really looking like a battle.

It's somewhat buggy, but you can trust it to be patched up pretty soon.

Overall, 5/5 stars.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
I've actually started playing Space Empires V recently, I haven't played any of the other games from the series.
It seems pretty long winded and the interface could be worlds better, but I'm enjoying building up a huge genocidal civilisation either way.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
I've been playing it for couple of days now, and I still can't say I know the game. It's really hardcore with a huge tech tree and so on. I don't have any complaints about the interface though. It's pretty similar to SEIV, so it must be a good one.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Is it any better than it's Demo? It needed LOTS of work and some things were more complicated when it could have simply followed SEIV way of doing things. Plus depending on what angle you looked at a planet you couldn't see what you had planted on the surface cause your national flag was HUGE :)

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)